car is missing/sputtering ANY HELP NEEDED

rick237

Oct 25, 2004
my damn GT is still missing/sputtering; Ive checked and had tested my ECM, my coil and I put a new distributer just cuz i thought maybe the pick up coil might be bad but still no luck. My fuel pressure is a constant 40 psi even when i step on the gas, so fuel filter is fine any suggestions PLEASE HELP thanx
90 GT 5spd, Hurst short shifter, Holley Systemax, 24lb injectors, E303 cam, Aluminum pulleys, A/C and Smog pump delete, 70mm throttle body and EGR, 73mm Mass air, Adjustable fuel pressure regulator, MAC fenderwell cold air, Subframes, Lowering springs MAC Shorty Headers, Off-Road X-pipe, Nobody should buy this brand but I have them sadly 2 Chamber Flowmasters, GO WITH MAC PRO DUMPS-they sound WAY better and give you more performance and thats by tests Ive done myself not a magazine

• Sponsors (?)

my timing is advanced to 15 my wires are two months old and I just got my plugs 6 days ago whick are gapped at .042. Now before I replaced the plugs they were gapped at .032 and the car ran fine

if the problem started when you changed the plugs i would try closing your gap down to .035 Also it could be possible if the porcelin cracked on one of the plugs during install that would give you a miss or if maybe you dropped a plug it could close the gap up and same problem. Good luck with it

agreed with NOSNotch about the causation - if it happened after plugs (or that and another item(s), go back and check those items.

i might keep an eye on the coil - it should support more gap than you run (unless i missed a power adder in your sig).

good luck.