Car makes strange noise from rearend

03_TrueBlue_GT

May 5, 2010
Houston, Tx
So my car makes this strange noise whenever I back out of the driveway at an average pace. It doesn't do it if I back out real slowly.. It sounds like a creak to be more descriptive. It only does this the first time I get in the car and back out of the driveway in the morning. I don't know if it does it in the evening because I usually go to school at about 9am and usually drive the car for the first time before the afternoon...It doesn't do it ever again at all no matter how many times I back out of the driveway, I drive over rough roads or speed bumps.
I have some fairly new Tokico Blue shocks out back so I don't think the shocks are the issue. I am going to crawl under the car tomorrow and look for worn out or loose suspension parts, the car has about 105,000 on it right now. Im guessing its the lower control arms that are worn out so if they are I will look at some replacements. Or could it just be worn out rubber spring isolators?

Thanks for any help y'all.

• Sponsors (?)

Still havent had a chance to check out the car from the underside yet. Yesterday it didn't make the noise at all, I'm guessing its one of the many little nuances of owning a SN95...

I will post pictures when I get a chance to look under the car.

Still havent had a chance to check out the car from the underside yet. Yesterday it didn't make the noise at all, I'm guessing its one of the many little nuances of owning a SN95...

I will post pictures when I get a chance to look under the car.

I'd agree w/ you on the worn out LCA bushings. Mine basically did the same thing. I'd release the clutch to back up after it sat overnight, and there would be a perceptible thump, or noise. Like your's, it wasn't ever heard from again until I backed up the next time I drove it.
Replaced the bushings, and that ghost moved to another car to haunt.

I jacked the car up today and inspected the LCA's, UCA's, and shocks. I did not find any signs of the shocks leaking at all so I think they are good. I inspected all of the busings and for 100k car it looked good to me, I did not see any tears or rips on them. There were even hardly any cracks on the bushings. I also checked the spring isolators on the rear and they seemed fine... Just to be sure though I got some water displacement 40 (WD-40) and sprayed it on the bushings, and connections on the LCA's and UCA's. I doubt it will help it but I figured why not give it a try... I have some pictures from the car but I honestly didn't find anything out of place that I could see.:shrug: