car misses randomly

98gtmustang64

Apr 25, 2010
At low rpm it will miss but if i go wot it will stop and it happens randomly to ive replaced plugs, wires, and coil packs thinking it was electrical but it still does it and its starting to make me angry

• Sponsors (?)

Mods? Under drive pulleys?

Underdrive pulleys are bad about messing up the crank shaft position sensor signal. Some are worse than others. If the damper is bad, lose, incorrectly torqued this can cause problems like you are having.

it started along time ago but then it didnt do it for awhile and now its doin it again i had my mods on before this started happening and i just replaced the fuel filter and i have ran cleaner through it

IMO, An O2 sensor isn't likely to cause a MISFIRE.

If you are positive this isn't an ignition problem (or crank shaft sensor), look first at the MAF for a sudden loss in power. Clean it using a product designed for the purpose.

This could also be an EGR problem (excessive flow, EGR valve leaking), or an evaporative purge problem (VMV valve stuck open).

To confirm the diagnosis, monitor the LTFT (both banks), RPM, load, TPS, and air flow with an ODB2 scanner.