Engine Car Randomly Stalls

So. Recently I had to replace my fuel pump/filter and got that all done. Before it my car ran fine. It's a 5 speed manual, never died randomly never did much of anything a car shouldn't do. Finally after the fuel pump gave out I changed it and now the car runs again.

Issue:

The car now will try to stall or the engine will cut off fully.

It doesnt give a real warning but it even does it when it idles sometimes. I really don't know what caused it to randomly start this issue and I've checked everywhere for an answer but none I can find that happen right after a fuel pump replacement.

Any help would be great.

Also the car is stock so nothing has been modified give or take spark plugs and other work needed to keep it up to date.

• Sponsors (?)

You may not believe this but random quitting for no apparent reason could be caused by a bad battery or loose battery connection. Start with a through review of the charging system. Do yourself a favor and don't cut corners here. Today's cars simply will not run right without a strong battery and charging system.

Howto perform charging system voltage drop test

Here's some information on how to trouble shoot IAC issues.

Troubleshoot IAC idle problems 1996-2004

Do you have an ODB2 scanner? Here's some information on an affordable Windows based unit that might give you the PCM operating information that might make short work of your problem.

ForScan ODB2 scanner w ELM327 USB

Here's another recent thread with some information regarding how to use an ODB2 scanner to trouble shoot idle/IAC issues.

Last edited: