Carbon Fiber Cai

I'm looking for a carbon fiber cold air induction kit for my 2012 GT. I have seen a few advertised but they don't really give me any idea as to how much HP/TQ they will add to the motor. I would like to hear from people out there who have these installed and tell me if you could feel a difference with it installed or not. I'm also trying to find a manufacturer who makes a lot of different carbon fiber pieces for these cars, as that is the look I am going for, so anyone knowing a company that makes these components, let me know please. I am also planning on installing an after cat exhaust, but can't make up my mind on which one to go with. I have Flowmasters 40 series on my 96 GT and they sound very good. But I used to have Bassani on my 03 Cobra and they also sounded good. I want that deep throaty sound, not that raspy noise that a lot of them seem to make, especially when you tach it up and let off the throttle. Any advise is always appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

You have a few choice for carbon fiber CAI...

Steeda - http://www.americanmuscle.com/steeda-2005-gt-cf-cai.html (carbon fiber tube)

K&N - http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=63-2578 (carbon fiber lid)

I have the K&N. It is completely enclosed... temps at idle at a light still creep up though.. my guess is because the thin carbon lid isn't enough to repel the engine heat.

The Steeda will require a tune because they change the diameter of the intake tube so keep that in mind if you go that route.

Now for the exhaust.. I was in the same boat as you. I used to have a 99 cobra with bassani catback and bassani x-pipe with cats. It was an amazing sound and always received lots of compliments. The secret to a good sounding exhaust, IMO, is not to go offroad with the x-pipe. However, most people go this route as it's cheaper and nets a little more performance. However, this is what creates the over the top raspyness.

After doing lot's of research and listening to every youtube clip I could find on exhaust, I ended up going with the Magnaglow Competition catback (competition uses straight through mufflers) with a Magnaflow Catted X-pipe.

The sound is just what I was looking for. Lot's of rumble with a hint of rasp. The exhaust note still maintains it's bass due to the catted x.