carbon fiber interior

ViperNuge

Sep 26, 2009
Maui
  • Sponsors (?)

I have the SHR kit (those are my pics on the site). The quality is great. The difference between the two is the SHR kit uses real carbon fiber and the Steeda kit is simulated, though you need to change the dropdown on the SHR site to carbon fiber. It's $279, not $229. The SHR kit is the same kit Roush uses, but it includes the airbag panels, which Roush leaves out.

I was wondering why the drop menu had it listed for $279. Why does it say the airbag panels are for show use only? Will it fubar my airbag deployment if installed? Is it worth the xtra cash for the real stuff or can you not tell? Thats a big price difference.

patrick

I was wondering why the drop menu had it listed for $279. Why does it say the airbag panels are for show use only? Will it fubar my airbag deployment if installed? Is it worth the xtra cash for the real stuff or can you not tell? Thats a big price difference.

patrick
For legal reasons, they can't say to put them on. But, that 3M tape sticks quite nicely. I can't see them flying off if the airbag deployed. It's a 2 piece, so it won't get in the way of the airbag panels opening.

I can tell a big difference between real carbon fiber and carbon fiber look usually. I haven't seen the Steeda kit in person, however, so can't give you a full opinion.

For legal reasons, they can't say to put them on. But, that 3M tape sticks quite nicely. I can't see them flying off if the airbag deployed. It's a 2 piece, so it won't get in the way of the airbag panels opening.

I can tell a big difference between real carbon fiber and carbon fiber look usually. I haven't seen the Steeda kit in person, however, so can't give you a full opinion.

That makes sense legal wise and all. I am still not sure if the carbon fiber would look good in my car. It would cover up all the black color and leave the light grey as the dominate color. Maybe one of the billet kits would look better.:shrug: Like a woman I cant make up my mind!:nonono:

thanks for chiming in.

patrick

I've got a real carbon fiber kit that i purchased from ebay in my 05. In my opinion real carbon fiber is the way to go. It really makes your interior stand out from the rest while somehow still looking like a factory option.

I am not a carbon fiber fan. Just my opinion.
When I first got my '05, I said no way I would do it. But after 4 years of staring at the same aluminum-look dash, I decided to change it up. I'm very happy with it.

3904745119_f2752aa440_o.jpg

3769607175_c11ce0d1e8_b.jpg

When I first got my '05, I said no way I would do it. But after 4 years of staring at the same aluminum-look dash, I decided to change it up. I'm very happy with it.

3904745119_f2752aa440_o.jpg

3769607175_c11ce0d1e8_b.jpg

Dude your pics are amazing, I love how it looks against the black interior. I am sold on your pics!! .............I am just not sure if the cf will look that great since my interior is light grey..........am leaning towards the alum look now.....:shrug::nonono:

patrick

Dash is black and everything that would be covered up with cf or satin is black so that leaves only light grey left..............and its a lot of light grey, carpet, sides of console, door panels, back seat etc...

patrick

I used to not like the carbon fiber look but when I saw it in the ROUSH I was looking at I changed my mind. The carbon fiber panels cost me over 41k but the ROUSH was thrown in for free:D
LOL. Yeah, that's the same kit. Definitely the best out there. The replacement panels are pretty darn sweet. They're actually made out of carbon fiber. But they don't have all the pieces yet, and they're quite pricey.