catalytic converter

• Sponsors (?)

stock 6 cat H-pipes suck, but if you have an X or H with 2 hi-flow cats, there isnt much difference at all ....slightly quieter and slightly more restrictive, but not by far - maybe a few horses ...hiflow cats are built good. So if you live in a place that requires emission, just get 2 hi flows and you wont be sacraficing much and still pass the test

Steve777 said:
stock 6 cat H-pipes suck, but if you have an X or H with 2 hi-flow cats, there isnt much difference at all ....slightly quieter and slightly more restrictive, but not by far - maybe a few horses ...hiflow cats are built good. So if you live in a place that requires emission, just get 2 hi flows and you wont be sacraficing much and still pass the test

I agree. BUT, luckily for me, AL doesn't have emissions testing and I can keep my o/r h pipe on my baby! :)

your 1/4 will be better with the 3.73s, but not by much. I mean afterall, its just torque you got ....same HP as before ...Definetly feels like a big boost though over stock ..but don't think it shaves seconds off your time or anything like that

NewStangNewbee said:

3.73's would help...but you need more power. W/that yr motor, the FIRST thing I'd do is get a head swap if you haven't already done so. Those heads suck pretty bad on the 96-98's. Find an old wrecked 99+ at a junkyard and grab the heads off of it.

NewStangNewbee said:
do u know of a quarter mile calculator that figures in rear end to because i dont understand how they can calculate your quarter mile without it some how they do though

It's all speculation in the first place.

Secondly, it is SOLEY dependent on DRIVER. If you suck at driving, you'll have a crappy 1/4 mi. time. Simple as that. I'd worry about performance parts for your car, and proper driving, then worry about 1/4 times. I'd guesstimate you'd get a 15 sec. 1/4 w/pretty good driving.

yeah i am sort of weighing through what i should do next. I know i am taking of the catalytics so i think i will put headers on and while i am doing that i might do a head swap. I want to do it all at the same time so it is easier.

NewStangNewbee said:
yeah i am sort of weighing through what i should do next. I know i am taking of the catalytics so i think i will put headers on and while i am doing that i might do a head swap. I want to do it all at the same time so it is easier.

Headers and midpipe will be easy at the same time. The heads really won't matter, as they are under the hood, not under the car like the exhaust.