Electrical Ccrm?

Punisherk5

Aug 10, 2020
Alabama
Have a 2001 mustang gt manual. The electric fan and fuel pump stopped working. I replaced the ccrm and they still wont work have checked every fuse that I know of. I can turn the fan on with my scanner put it wont turn on with ignition switch like before issue. I dropped the tank and pulled the fuel pump. Hooked it to 12v and it didnt do anything ordered new pump should be in by friday I'm not sure what fried everything or what I'm missing please help I've searched multiple threads for the last week.

• Sponsors (?)

Why guess? Test!

IF there is confirmed 12 volts at the trunk mounted IFS cut off switch, THEN the fuel pump portion of the CCRM is working.

Note, on V6's the fuel pump is only active for a few seconds after initial key on. So it's necessary to test for IFS power at key on.

I've tested everything with new ccrm I have 12v to the the fuel pump plug with key on but the pump wouldnt come on so I dropped the tank pulled the pump out and hooked it to 12v the pump is bad but so was my ccrm what I'm trying to figure out is how both went bad

With the old ccrm my fan ran none stop when you turned the key on, once the car was running the ac would run none stop along with the fan, so I'm pretty sure it was bad now that those things aren't running for no reason but it also fried the fuel pump some how

The ccrm was fried, the fan would come on as soon as you turned the key to the on position before trying to start, once started the ac would run wide ass open even when turned off at the ac controls, the fuel pump ran till it got hot fried the 30 amp fuse and itself.

So yes the ccrm infact was bad, new ccrm fan and ac working properly.
New fuel pump works great car runs perfect, thanks for nothing other than assuming I'm stupid , 12 year HVAC technician so trouble shooting wires is how I make my living

Also to help future people with this issue if your electric fan is running before the car is started you may have a wire going to the ccrm grounding out, its located under the passenger side fender, stupid place for a control board i know.
If your fan, ac, and fuel pump are acting up all at the same time I'm willing to bet money it's the thing that controls all of them.

Why guess? Test!

IF there is confirmed 12 volts at the trunk mounted IFS cut off switch, THEN the fuel pump portion of the CCRM is working.

Note, on V6's the fuel pump is only active for a few seconds after initial key on. So it's necessary to test for IFS power at key on.
The ccrm was bad I didnt say it wasnt working, the issue is everything it controls was running none stop