Changed My Spark Plugs Now Read Them

Saberstang

May 2, 2017
Atlanta, GA
IMG_0849.JPG
IMG_0850.JPG
IMG_0851.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Well after two years I finally changed my spark plugs with new Ford Motorcraft platinum spark plugs. I cleaned out the spark plug holes also which needed it. MSD spark plug wires still looked to be in pretty good condition and MSD coils also appeared to be in good condition so I am opting not to change them yet. Motorcraft fuel filter was changed too.It seems like cylinders 6,7,8 seems to be running slightly lean. I was told before that this is normal for the 2V and 4V engines? What do you think of the condition of my spark plugs?

Those look good, For a dd car.
-white to ruddy tan porcelain shoes the engine is running well at idle and cruise conditions.
-black ring on the outside of plug shows some burning of oil, normal with a pcv system installed. This ring is also used to gauge wot fuel
-the heat mark is in the knee or elbow of the ground strap, this is good heat range and timing are correct.
-I see some burning deposits on the ground strap, maybe an induction service before new plugs.

I could do an induction service and also fuel injection service too. The problem is that moisture and water was found in the cylinders where the spark plugs are inserted. What could this mean? There was misfiring or a stumble shifting gears. I cleaned out the cylinders as best as possible and installed new Ford Motorcraft spark plugs. We will see how my car continues to drive in the next coming days. 5th gear seemed to be the gear that had the worst misfire. Spark plug wires and coils looked to be ok though.

You say you found moisture in the cylinder? Please expand on this.

If you have a missfire there are many things that can cause it, did you pull codes? If it is a missfire the ECU would know.
Yes,there was moisture/water found in the cylinders for unknown reasons. I spent about two hours cleaning out the moisture/water in the cylinders. I cleaned it out the best I could before replacing the Motorcraft spark plugs. No codes were thrown. When you drive it if you press the gas petal more then about half way there is a misfire or stubble there. Under light acceleration loads it drives with no misfire or stubble present. I am stumped what will fix it? The only thing I know is the spark plug wires are like nine years old they could be bad possibly?

Last edited:
I dignosed my car again this weekend and found the root of the problem on my car. I pulled my Motorcraft spark plugs and I found unburnt fuel on three tips of my spark plugs. I had to completely clean out my cylinders again. I found that I have three faulty fuel injectors and that is the reasons why my Mustang is running with a misfire and stubble. I have eight brand new fuel injectors on the way.