• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Check engine light

  • Thread starter Thread starter Creomod
  • Start date Start date Dec 21, 2020

Creomod

5 Year Member
Sep 14, 2018
554
47
48
San Antonio,Texas
Dec 21, 2020
#1
  • Dec 21, 2020
  • #1
I got my car started last night, turned out I wasn’t on compression stroke but now I’m freaking out cuz I have the check engine light is stuck on. No blinking just stuck on. Other then a loose gas cap what could cause this to stay on? I was researching and I saw a video on clear flood mode thinking I might’ve flooded the engine because I’ve been cranking it so many times to it. Your supposed to hold pedal all the way down with clutch pedal and turn on it shouldn’t turn on but mine did! That scared me it was a a hi rpm I don’t think I’ll try that again any suggestions....
 

Creomod

5 Year Member
Sep 14, 2018
554
47
48
San Antonio,Texas
Dec 21, 2020
#2
  • Dec 21, 2020
  • #2
Creomod said:
I got my car started last night, turned out I wasn’t on compression stroke but now I’m freaking out cuz I have the check engine light is stuck on. No blinking just stuck on. Other then a loose gas cap what could cause this to stay on? I was researching and I saw a video on clear flood mode thinking I might’ve flooded the engine because I’ve been cranking it so many times trying to start it, Your supposed to hold pedal all the way down with clutch pedal and turn on it shouldn’t turn on but mine did! That scared me it was a a hi rpm I don’t think I’ll try that again any suggestions....worst case sceneries?
Click to expand...
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,047
10,670
213
polk county florida
Dec 21, 2020
#3
  • Dec 21, 2020
  • #3
Well did you check the engine? Was it there?
Seriously, check for codes.
 

Creomod

5 Year Member
Sep 14, 2018
554
47
48
San Antonio,Texas
Dec 21, 2020
#4
  • Dec 21, 2020
  • #4
General karthief said:
Well did you check the engine? Was it there?
Seriously, check for codes.
Click to expand...
I haven’t done the running engine codes yet. I did do the keko and the continuous. I got 67 and 63 tps neutral safety switch and the 11 for the pass. I’ll try running codes tomorrow. What are the bad codes I should be worried about? I’m afraid of running the codes with that light on but I’m going to
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,047
10,670
213
polk county florida
Dec 21, 2020
#5
  • Dec 21, 2020
  • #5
Why would you be afraid to check for codes with the cel on? That's way it's on, it means there is a hard fault.
It's say'n CHECK ME CHECK ME!!!
 
Reactions: kiddiccarus and Creomod

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,321
18,048
224
Massachusetts
Dec 22, 2020
#6
  • Dec 22, 2020
  • #6
The check engine light just means you have codes stored. That’s how it works. Run them, and then fix them one by one.
 
Reactions: Creomod

Boostedpimp

20+ Year Stangneter
May 8, 2003
1,451
493
154
NJ
Dec 22, 2020
#7
  • Dec 22, 2020
  • #7
High idle is typically a vacuum leak or timing is really advanced. I would pull codes like suggested first and see what it is trying to tell you could be the problem.
 
Reactions: Creomod

Creomod

5 Year Member
Sep 14, 2018
554
47
48
San Antonio,Texas
Dec 22, 2020
#8
  • Dec 22, 2020
  • #8
Will do,Might be right on the timing, It’s a stock 302 and I just installed gt 40iron heads I think I’m at 14. I actually was thinking the check engine light was a short at least that’s what I was hoping for
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

P
Repeated P2004 DTC trouble code with no apparent symptoms
  • poehitman
  • Mar 11, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
251
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Mar 12, 2026
poehitman
P
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
236
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Saturday at 5:19 PM
manicmechanic007
A
Check Engine codes jumping around
  • azactor
  • Jan 9, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
241
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Thursday at 6:11 AM
DadLife0724
P
2000 GT Random Power Loss
  • Pinellas50
  • Mar 9, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
366
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 23, 2026
Pinellas50
P
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
521
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?