• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Choke Heater Kit.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thurzday
  • Start date Start date Mar 6, 2008

Thurzday

New Member
May 3, 2007
10
0
0
Mar 6, 2008
#1
  • Mar 6, 2008
  • #1
I have a 1970 Mustang coupe, with a 302 2bl carb. My mechanic says I need a Choke Heater Kit what exactly is included. and I need a diagram of what I'm looking at or for. Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
M

mikethebike

Member
Jun 12, 2007
358
0
17
Greenville, SC
Mar 7, 2008
#2
  • Mar 7, 2008
  • #2
I think they ran the heat riser tube from the exhaust manifold. The early cars ran the heater hose next to the thermostat housing. Personally, I always liked manual chokes.
 

Thurzday

New Member
May 3, 2007
10
0
0
Mar 7, 2008
#3
  • Mar 7, 2008
  • #3
Thanks. On auto choke there is a fitting that is open with threads, there is a rubber cap on. Could that be the the choke heater?
 

BarnStang

Founding Member
Mar 2, 2001
1,260
3
39
Hagerstown, MD
Mar 7, 2008
#4
  • Mar 7, 2008
  • #4
Yes, if it is not an electric coke, you will need the heat stove kit. Check CJ Pony or another large classic parts vendor for the parts. Or, get an electric choke kit. Even some early holly's (like mine) used both-or it was converted to electric. I just blocked it off with a rubber plug like yours.
 

Thurzday

New Member
May 3, 2007
10
0
0
Mar 8, 2008
#5
  • Mar 8, 2008
  • #5
Thanks, thats what I needed to know. I'm all over it. Thanks again.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Best place to source power steering parts for a '67? (control valve, ram, hoses)
  • SophiaTatum
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
148
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jun 18, 2026
SophiaTatum
S
J
Mustang 1968 coupé restoration hvac
  • JackStang68
  • Mar 3, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
177
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Mar 27, 2026
zookeeper
G
Auto City Classics 67-70 Mustang disc brake kit question/s
  • GOvert
  • Jun 30, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
103
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 30, 2026
GOvert
G
M
Please help me identify this.
  • MattyB77
  • Jul 2, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
164
The Welcome Wagon Jul 4, 2026
gkomo
C
93 Tubular A Arm Bushings
  • Chrispy62
  • Jul 30, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
109
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 31, 2026
Chrispy62
C
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?