• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Classic Mustangs

  • Thread starter Thread starter scupking
  • Start date Start date Nov 20, 2007

scupking

Active Member
Sep 18, 2005
1,186
1
36
Enfield, CT
Nov 20, 2007
#1
  • Nov 20, 2007
  • #1
I was looking in the local paper and found a few for sale that I would love to have. Some times I think about selling my car and getting a classic stang or other classic car and a cheap truck as a DD. I just can't belive how many I found in my local area that are cheap.

I want this one
http://connecticut.backpage.com/aut...Ad?oid=oid:1104961&name=antique cars for sale

But I wouldn't mind any of these
http://connecticut.backpage.com/aut...Ad?oid=oid:1109976&name=antique cars for sale

http://connecticut.backpage.com/aut...Ad?oid=oid:1099525&name=antique cars for sale

http://connecticut.backpage.com/aut...Ad?oid=oid:1095716&name=antique cars for sale

Ok the next few arn't mustangs but I would still take them.

http://connecticut.backpage.com/aut...Ad?oid=oid:1050143&name=antique cars for sale

http://connecticut.backpage.com/aut...Ad?oid=oid:1021896&name=antique cars for sale

http://connecticut.backpage.com/aut...Ad?oid=oid:1081831&name=antique cars for sale

http://connecticut.backpage.com/aut...Ad?oid=oid:1127532&name=antique cars for sale
 
S

Scorcher2005

Member
Apr 17, 2004
883
0
16
South Carolina
Nov 20, 2007
#2
  • Nov 20, 2007
  • #2
Sweet stangs...awesome prices too!!! Other cars are sweet as well, except that Duster. And who the hell put those aweful rims on the Cuda?
 

ErikTheBeast

Member
Apr 12, 2006
124
0
16
Kansas City MO
Nov 20, 2007
#3
  • Nov 20, 2007
  • #3
That 69 is pretty sweet looking. Wouldnt mind one like that myself. Maybe in sonic blue or house of color tangelo.
 

crzyhrse99

Active Member
Mar 30, 2005
259
3
28
Kansas
Nov 20, 2007
#4
  • Nov 20, 2007
  • #4
I like that Charger
 

fobra559

At least it's more erect and not floppy anymore.
Nov 1, 2007
721
0
0
Lindsay, CA
Nov 20, 2007
#5
  • Nov 20, 2007
  • #5
Man, you got some sweet rides for cheap to choose from. I would take the 69, Charger and the Chevelle. If I had the money, I would collect all of them. The Duster would be my DD
 

DevilGT

New Member
Aug 25, 2007
15
0
1
Maitland,Fl
Nov 20, 2007
#6
  • Nov 20, 2007
  • #6
I can't get over how cheap those are.
 

scupking

Active Member
Sep 18, 2005
1,186
1
36
Enfield, CT
Nov 20, 2007
#7
  • Nov 20, 2007
  • #7
DevilGT said:
I can't get over how cheap those are.
Click to expand...

Yeah no kidding. I might go look at the 1970 stang and the Chevell SS. I don't under stand how the Chevell and the Cuda are so cheap. The duster looks good for the money, I could put a 318 in that. The nice thing is my uncles friend owns a muscle car restore shop so If I needed anything done he could do it.
 

fobra559

At least it's more erect and not floppy anymore.
Nov 1, 2007
721
0
0
Lindsay, CA
Nov 21, 2007
#8
  • Nov 21, 2007
  • #8
scupking said:
Yeah no kidding. I might go look at the 1970 stang and the Chevell SS. I don't under stand how the Chevell and the Cuda are so cheap. The duster looks good for the money, I could put a 318 in that. The nice thing is my uncles friend owns a muscle car restore shop so If I needed anything done he could do it.
Click to expand...

If you consider buying them, make sure you check them out intensely because I think that's too cheap. Too good to be true?
 

EPIK

Member
Jul 3, 2004
796
1
16
LEFT COAST
Nov 21, 2007
#9
  • Nov 21, 2007
  • #9
Those prices on the Mopars & the Chevelle have to be wrong... only non running, roller, rust bucket Mopars go for cheap prices like that & its usually for even more than that...Im sorry to say, but I think those are scams???
 

DCjuggalo

Member
May 18, 2003
169
0
16
Charlotte, NC
Nov 21, 2007
#10
  • Nov 21, 2007
  • #10
no way that cuda is only 5k thats got to be a scam
 
S

Scorcher2005

Member
Apr 17, 2004
883
0
16
South Carolina
Nov 21, 2007
#11
  • Nov 21, 2007
  • #11
As long as it checks out to be a good solid car and there is a clean title that he hands you when you give him money, how would it be a scam?
 

DevilGT

New Member
Aug 25, 2007
15
0
1
Maitland,Fl
Nov 21, 2007
#12
  • Nov 21, 2007
  • #12
scupking said:
Yeah no kidding. I might go look at the 1970 stang and the Chevell SS. I don't under stand how the Chevell and the Cuda are so cheap. The duster looks good for the money, I could put a 318 in that. The nice thing is my uncles friend owns a muscle car restore shop so If I needed anything done he could do it.
Click to expand...

Just be careful with a purchase. However, I too wish I could have a classic Mustang or muscle car for a ride. I love my New Edge but I hardly consider it a Mustang. I think it's closer to the 1971-1973 Mustangs. Just boats. Not like a small, agile horse.
 

darkhorse02

New Member
May 11, 2005
9
0
0
Nov 21, 2007
#13
  • Nov 21, 2007
  • #13
Yeah, this does look like a scam. This has a Detroit area code 313.
But it says New Haven / Western CT?

1970 Plymouth Barracuda, $4900, clear title, 67000mi.purple, int.black,automatic
Contact: (313) 769-3318
Location: New Haven / Western CT

Edit - it's also out there like this, now it's in DC:
Location: Washington DC
Date Listed: Nov-18-07
1970 Plymouth Barracuda, $4900, clear title, 67000mi.purple, int.black,automatic contact me at mailto:stephsholder@msn.com
or (313)769-3318
 

Wolvrin704

Member
Apr 17, 2007
120
0
17
Milford, OH
Nov 21, 2007
#14
  • Nov 21, 2007
  • #14
My cousin had a Chevelle exactly like the one pictured. Those are some extremely cheap prices.
 
S

Scorcher2005

Member
Apr 17, 2004
883
0
16
South Carolina
Nov 21, 2007
#15
  • Nov 21, 2007
  • #15
I'm in South Carolina and have a NW Indiana area code...and its 900+ miles away. Cell phones man, cell phones...Give the guy a call and see whats up.
 

darkhorse02

New Member
May 11, 2005
9
0
0
Nov 21, 2007
#16
  • Nov 21, 2007
  • #16
I hear ya on cellphones. It just says the car is in CT and in DC?
 
S

Scorcher2005

Member
Apr 17, 2004
883
0
16
South Carolina
Nov 21, 2007
#17
  • Nov 21, 2007
  • #17
How far away are the 2 places?
 

darkhorse02

New Member
May 11, 2005
9
0
0
Nov 21, 2007
#18
  • Nov 21, 2007
  • #18
306 miles, 5 hrs apart.
It may be good legit deal, I just noticed a Detroit area code, and two ads for a car 300 miles apart. Just passing along the info.
 

four six

Member
Jan 19, 2006
506
2
18
Hobart, IN
Nov 23, 2007
#19
  • Nov 23, 2007
  • #19
70
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
343
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
Drivetrain 83’ Glx convertible C5 Trans help!
  • JacksonJared2113
  • Dec 25, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
460
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Dec 26, 2025
JacksonJared2113
New Member with a 1992
  • Clutchfork
  • Oct 18, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
5
Views
349
The Welcome Wagon Oct 19, 2025
Clutchfork
Finally having time to prepare the ad for the 2000 GT conv remaining parts my shop has
  • Tods Hot Rods
  • Sep 17, 2024
  • Feedback Area | Testing Zone
Replies
1
Views
231
Feedback Area | Testing Zone Sep 17, 2024
Noobz347
Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?