Clicking from rear

saldivo2

New Member
Apr 12, 2005
27
0
1
I know it’s next to impossible to diagnose a sound over the internet but figured I’d make a post anyway. My buddy's 04 GT started making a clicking sound coming from the passenger side rear wheel area. (Sounds like running over an aluminum can.) You can only hear it when the car warms up and more so when you turn left or going slightly uphill at slow speeds. Wheel bearing? We tried rocking the car back and forth, up and down and side to side after warming it up but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Mike
 
I am having a similar issue with my car as well, although the sound is different. Mine also only makes noise after is has been driven for a while (around 40-50 miles at 65-75 mph). I'm pretty sure I need to replace the clutches in the rear end, and am going to attempt to do that this weekend.

How many miles are on your friends car? Is there any change in how the car drives, (i.e. can a vibration or shake be felt), or is it just something you hear?
 
Hi,

Most of the bearings I have had go on older cars tend to make more of of whirring sound followed by a metal screeching when the bearing collapsed.

Jack up the car and check for excessive wheel play or wobble.

good luck!
 
So the car went to the shop after we couldn't find what the problem was and fearing the worst.

Turned out to be the "Brake Slides" :shrug: on the caliber. Mechanic lubed them up and its all quiet now, no more clicking.

-Mike