Clogged Injector Pics

imp

Mustang Master
Jul 13, 2017
Since this section includes EFI cars,........I took this from the very first publication I got hold of on Ford EFI, about 1990. "Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control", by Charles O. Probst, SAE. Excellent book, much valuable info. Convinced me being "skeered" of "no carburetor" engines wasn't inherent. Highly recommend it. imp

clogge11.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

None of this drivel, so far, applies to the OP, soooo........

I have never experienced any injector clogging, that I was aware of, after owning: an '89, '90, '93 Cobra, '96 Explorer, '99 Explorer, '04 Explorer, and now '94 Stang GT. How prevalent the problem may be, I dunno. Maybe stats on DTCs related to it might make sense.

I thought the pic was nice. imp

Since this section includes EFI cars,........I took this from the very first publication I got hold of on Ford EFI, about 1990. "Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control", by Charles O. Probst, SAE. Excellent book, much valuable info. Convinced me being "skeered" of "no carburetor" engines wasn't inherent. Highly recommend it. imp

clogge11.jpg
so far, applies to the OP, soooo........

Um.... You, are the Original Poster. :O_o:

Yes, interesting pic, at the shop I hang around at, I say hang because they don't let me near any tools, well 'cept last week I changed the rotors, pads and bearings on my duelly, my back and one finger tells me I had too much fun, and yes it was that finger, they have a machine that cleans injectors without removing them, there is a pic I ran accross once that show'd the different spray patterns from the fox 19's and the newer style explorer 19's pretty interesting.