Suspension Clunking Coming From Front Right Side Of 06 Gt

Hey guys, noobie on the forums here but not as a Stang owner. Have owned an 86 Cobra GT, an 86 Capri GS, an 03 V6 and now have a 2006 GT.

Started to hear this clunking noise coming out of the right front side of the car while going over bumps. I jacked up the car, moved the wheel side to side and up and down, no play. I took the wheel off, had a look around. The bushings all look fine, nothing seems loose. There is no oil leaking from the strut and the spring looks good too.

The car has 60,000 kms on it and outside of briefly last winter, has never been winter driven.

I opened up the hood and tried to replicate going over bumps by rocking the car. I started on the side with the issue. I got it to clunk just once when I started rocking it. I went to the other side and same thing. It clunked once when I stopped rocking it and then stopped. Back to the right side and same thing. Basically it would just clunk once every time I switched sides. It's a fairly loud sound when I'm driving and happens even when I go over smaller bumps.

I am thinking it's the upper strut mount. What do you guys think? Could it be an engine mount? I'm not super mechanically inclined. Any thoughts would be great.

• Sponsors (?)