Drivetrain Clutch Disengagement Problem

ch_stang_98GT

Jul 7, 2013
Hey guys, im new to this forum and hope im posting this in the right spot. Anyways i recently finished my auto to 5 speed swap on my 1998 mustang gt. I installed an exedy stage 2 clutch and a spec aluminum flywheel. The shift fork is new along with the cable, and im using the throw out bearing that came with the clutch. I finished everything up, started the car, and the car goes into gear up on the stands but i cannot for the life of me get the clutch to disengage. Could it be that im using two different brands of clutch and flywheel? Any ideas would be great because at this point im out of ideas :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Do you know for a fact the trans in in good working order? Clutch flywheel brands shouldn't matter. While not the safest means on the jack stands have you tried to just drop into first without the clutch to see if it goes into gear or just put it in gear with the car not running and try and roll the rear wheels by hand? Sounds like could be an install issue

I wonder if the clutch fork came off of the pivot ball...I know its pretty sensitive and likes to slide off until you get the cable on there...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2