Code 13

z9_87

Apr 16, 2004
Urbana, IL
Had the CE light come on for a second today, so I pulled the codes. No Immediate codes on the KOEO test. Durring the KOER test I got a code 13- PCM could not lower idle speed below normal idle durring KOER low rpm idle check. Susspect Idle bypass valve problems.

So is this the IAC screwing up or something else. Or could it just be the modded engine not going that low?

• Sponsors (?)

it very well could be the mods. I take it you set the idle where you like it (might this be a bit higher than 672 RPM? I bet so). Was the car to full operating temps during the test?

Here is my take: If you notice no drivability issues, don't sweat it. You could dial the idle down to remove the code, but it might create other issues in the process.

my two cents. good luck.

okay, yes the idle is set at about 850rpms, much below that and it just about dies. That would be a much worse problem.

The reason I was wondering is when driving, the auto shifts at very low rpms and keeps engine speeds around 1200rpms if it can. At this speed in any gear the car shudders at a consistant rate, but it doens't always do this. Doens't really effect anything just annoys the crap out of me and i put it in drive so it wont go to 4th untill it wont shudder.
I thought the code 13 might be related to that.

that might be endemic to an AOD with no shift kit (if you dont have one). it seems like some AOD's just like to short shift. But I am not 1/1000000000th of Jerry when it comes to autos. :)

you have a pure AOD (not AODE), right? If so, there is no computer control (basically, the trans is not connected to the puter in any way; the TV cable is about the only connection)? I think so. Therefore, I dont see how the tranny would know if your IAC or idle is a little high (under 1000 RPM should not be a shift point, it does not seem to me).

The IAC and your idle being a smidge high would not be unlike if you were just ever so slightly feathering the pedal, which should not produce shudder, I dont think.

Like I said, I am not that up on autos, so I am really just typing what came to mind. :)

good luck with it. :nice: