• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Colder Plugs

  • Thread starter Thread starter rahp
  • Start date Start date Jan 10, 2008

rahp

New Member
Mar 30, 2006
8
0
0
Jan 10, 2008
#1
  • Jan 10, 2008
  • #1
Is there a downside to running colder (Ford Racing 3V0) plugs when not using the nitrous? Does horsepower or fuel milage suffer? Do I need a custom tune to run the colder plugs when the nitrous is off?
 

psfracer

Member
Dec 30, 2007
35
0
6
Valencia, CA
Jan 11, 2008
#2
  • Jan 11, 2008
  • #2
I didn't notice a difference n/a while running a colder plug.

I DID notice a drop off in performance, however, when I gapped down the plug from the stock .045 to .035 when I decided to run the 150 shot. I definitely felt a decrease in power n/a when I did that.

If your running the 75 to the 100 shot, run a colder plug, but keep the plug gap the same, you will be fine.
 

rahp

New Member
Mar 30, 2006
8
0
0
Jan 11, 2008
#3
  • Jan 11, 2008
  • #3
I was intending to run the 100 shot after some of the other advice and warnings I have read, Thanks!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Electrical problem plug in the drivers kick panel
  • Mindseye007
  • Aug 16, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
166
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 16, 2026
Mindseye007
Need some camshaft guru advice on power loss from supercharger to nitrous
  • TTSaleen
  • Dec 1, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
18
Views
856
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Dec 29, 2025
revhead347
T
First Car, what should I do for power??
  • tunedV6
  • Apr 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
376
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 4, 2026
580HP*428Cj
5
J
Engine 4.6 Running rough at half throttle
  • jake411
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
194
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 4, 2026
jake411
J
S
92 5.0 almost starts
  • Steverino
  • Sep 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
135
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Friday at 6:39 PM
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?