Composite Mono leaf springs

I've been curious about these for years. The infomertial maagazines, rarely aknowledged their existance. Till once they mentioned Monoleaf fiberglass springs were avaliable through a company that makes fiberglass springs for Corvettes. S' all I Know,still curious

I believe Landrum Springs sells these. I think that is the name of the vendor. There is a vendor in the Summit Catalog that makes these. I think they were pretty pricey the last time I checked.

as i recall, the same people who make fiberglass springs for the vette and camaro also make then for the mustang. the last time i saw firberglass springs for the mustang(sometime in the late 80's) the maker was in north carolina.

I installed a set on my buddies GMC Typhoon a few years back. They are super light compared to the stock springs I took out. I had a hard time believing they the mono leaf was going to hold up . My buddy Jeff assured me that other Typhoon owners had switched with no problems. Some of them were supposedly heavy drag racers and theirs were holding up just fine The springs ended up lowering the Typhoon about 2 inches which ended up leveling it out. They made a big difference in handling too. He was pretty amazed on how well it cornered after the swap. He probably had 10-15K miles on them before he sold the truck and had no problems with them. I would consider using them in my next project if the price was right.

I think Calvert Racing sells them too....I think I remember several people getting Cal-Tracs and monoleafs and cutting some wicked 60 fts....

I just don't quite trust 'em for street driving yet though, if I had a leaf sprung racecar I'd definately look into them.

302 coupe said:
I just don't quite trust 'em for street driving yet though, if I had a leaf sprung racecar I'd definately look into them.

Didn't all the Chevy Astro/GMC Safari Vans come with these composite mono leafs? If so, they must be pretty safe for street driving.

I sent a request for quote to Flex-a-Form. George returned a quote for $400 delivered. Considering Mustang Plus sells their sets for ~$200 (depending on style) plus some serious shipping charges, the price of the mono-leaf doesn't seem half bad considering the huge weight savings.