Controversial thread,...buying hot Mustangs for wives

bluecar

Feb 19, 2007
SF CA
I know I'm going to get trashed for this one but what the hey, its a talk forum right?

Okay, for guys that buy hot Mustangs for their wives (admittedly nice ones with great mods) do they also get:

fishing poles?
shotguns?
leaf blowers?
hex wrench sets?
metric ones too?
mega tool chests?
hedge clippers?
lawn mowers?
50" flat screens?
subwoofers?

Do they know the difference between Bassanis and Magnaflows; Roush vs Saleen, different lowering kits, Steeda Tri-Ax vs MGW..........

Will they actually be allowed to shift the gears on their own cars? Can they get the clutch down? Can she take the kids to Burger King and eat in it? Are some wives going along with the ride because the husbands' happiness is important? How many suggest a mod and she says "Gee honey that's nice, go for it" or "I like the black better"

I know there are some great gearhead gals out there in the garage and even under the hood doing the mods by some of the posts I've seen. Then again, that might be the only place she can find the husband.

Here are some examples of presents from my brother to his wife:

a bathroom all to herself,
big closets,
day off,
he takes kids,
gives her carte blance with the plastic,
sends her to a spa,
puts up with a grizzly adams brother inlaw who he really can't stand,
takes incontinent gramma to disneyland in his own truck (Sport Trac) with cloth seats and she refuses to wear depends......

Let the fists fly.

• Sponsors (?)

It does seem like there are alot of guys on here modding out there "wives" car but thats cool. If they are allowed to do it then great I guess. I dont have a wife and My mustang is mine but my girl friend would like to have a stang like the one I have and mod it out but for now is content driving her Lifted, V10 powered F-250. So maybe just maybe these guys have cool wives themselves that want a modded mustang. If her having a mustang is the only way you are allowed to have a mustang then I feel sorry that your woman stole your balls, but a hot female driving a hot car is no problem in my book. As a side note Sport Trac a truck.... Really?

my wife picked ever single mod on her own car, which is cool with me. it gives us something to share besides all the house work she wants me to do. and yes, she can drive a 5 speed with the best of them, granted she don't speed shift it, but she can bang gears. and yes, her car is a stick. she didn't want an automatic. hell, my mom is 65 and she can still bang gears with the best of them. she grew up on big block Chevelle's, Camaro's and anything fast in the 60's. there are women who can drive, believe me. i know it's hard to imagine with all the cell phone weilding, makeup putting on, girls driving today. but some women can actually drive. this thread should get interesting...

When I met my wife she had a 97 GT coupe 5 sp, she drove the wheels off it.

Since then all the cars are modded that WE both agreed on since I am the installer. We don't play you go that I get this game. We both work and have our OWN money to spend.
At this point I don't own a Mustang, I drive a Honda. When I get a steady job I will buy a GT500.

I know I'm going to get trashed for this one but what the hey, its a talk forum right?

Okay, for guys that buy hot Mustangs for their wives (admittedly nice ones with great mods) do they also get:

fishing poles?
shotguns?
leaf blowers?
hex wrench sets?
metric ones too?
mega tool chests?
hedge clippers?
lawn mowers?
50" flat screens?
subwoofers?

...and don't forget -

the right to vote?
being allowed to work?
skirts higher than the ankle?

I'm right on board with this thread. My wife somehow got it into her head that she would like a Mustang. After finishing up her chores, she broached the subject. Before she had even finished with her asking permission to test drive one, I jumped in with a "My dear, don't fret - I shall purchase you a Mustang tomorrow!". Fortunately, being a woman, she's obviously stupid and completely ignorant when it come to cars - I bought her a VW Bug and told her it was a Mustang. Problem solved!

Fortunately, having grown-up as a scullery-maid, she didn't get an education, so she can't read the badging!:nice: She now has a "Mustang" with the kind of power a woman can handle, gets great mileage and it even has a pretty flower in it. The only question I have is, when did they decide it was a good idea to allow wimmin to get drivers licenses?!?:mad:

My girlfriend wants to get a Mustang eventually. She says it has to be a GT because why bother getting a Mustang if it doesn't have a big V8 in it :D I don't see her ever installing any mods though.

my wife didn't install anything, hell, neither did i except the exhaust and wheels. but she did pick the mods out herself. and she knows the difference between name brands too. she even reads the magazines to see what she might like to have next, which in her words is a supercharger. but she isn't getting that right now. i am fine with women having fast/hot mustangs, as long as they aren't trying to put on makeup, eat breakfast, talk on the phone and do all that other crap women do while driving.

unlike you guys im not married , but my girlfriend was thirlled when i got my stang. however she is intimidated by it, she rather get an rx-8 or eclipse,,,,but she does wanna learn to drive stick,,,,i said "not in the mustang you wont",,,so now ill have to get her some king of little pony to teach her in,,,,lol,,but shes cool as hell, loves modded cars:D

fishing poles?
shotguns?
leaf blowers?
hex wrench sets?
metric ones too?
mega tool chests?
hedge clippers?
lawn mowers?
50" flat screens?
subwoofers?

Do they know the difference between Bassanis and Magnaflows; Roush vs Saleen, different lowering kits, Steeda Tri-Ax vs MGW..........

Will they actually be allowed to shift the gears on their own cars? Can they get the clutch down? Can she take the kids to Burger King and eat in it? Are some wives going along with the ride because the husbands' happiness is important? How many suggest a mod and she says "Gee honey that's nice, go for it" or "I like the black better"

I know there are some great gearhead gals out there in the garage and even under the hood doing the mods by some of the posts I've seen. Then again, that might be the only place she can find the husband.

Here are some examples of presents from my brother to his wife:

a bathroom all to herself,
big closets,
day off,
he takes kids,
gives her carte blance with the plastic,
sends her to a spa,
puts up with a grizzly adams brother inlaw who he really can't stand,
takes incontinent gramma to disneyland in his own truck (Sport Trac) with cloth seats and she refuses to wear depends......

Let the fists fly.

The 07 is technically my wifes, so yes... She knows the difference between aftermarket parts. I actually met my wife from a muscle car club we were in. She was the presidents b/f. :lol: And she has let me have everything in your list and much more. :nice:

My wife was definitely NOT excited about the Mustang (she did like the color scheme though)... I had a 4 year old Honda Accord that worked perfectly. At first she didn't want to drive it (if it was a stick, she wouldn't drive it at all), but after driving it a few times she does like the "vroom" it has :)

My wife definitely falls under the "not a car girl" kind of girl and kindly listens while I talk about mods I want to do. I'm sure she'd rather be scrapbooking though :D

Well I believe there is nothing more heartfelt and sexy then knowing what a woman wants. For some it is bling and diamonds, for this LADY it is HP and TQ. Second time around on the relationship wheel dictated that my man would know, love and respect the individuality of "Jenn". He knew in my book, a sexy modification to my vehicle is what rocks my world. + 100 for maturity and knowing thy partner.

For my birthday I received a Mac SS axleback for the S197. Anythings less would have been poop. LOL.... Know your lady. Once you know what she wants (in bed and out) you have yourself a good thing.

Well I believe there is nothing more heartfelt and sexy then knowing what a woman wants. For some it is bling and diamonds, for this LADY it is HP and TQ. Second time around on the relationship wheel dictated that my man would know, love and respect the individuality of "Jenn". He knew in my book, a sexy modification to my vehicle is what rocks my world. + 100 for maturity and knowing thy partner.

For my birthday I received a Mac SS axleback for the S197. Anythings less would have been poop. LOL.... Know your lady. Once you know what she wants (in bed and out) you have yourself a good thing.

uhhhh, i dont suppose a green downspout would suffice for brake coolers? :D