Coolant Overflow Tank Options....

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
Need something out of the way and hidden.... will this work???

Summit SUM-G1473 - Summit® Radiator Catch Cans with Sight Tube

Summit SUM-G1474 - Summit® Radiator Catch Cans

Do i need to have a cap where i can fill it on our car... or do i just need room for the thermal expansion and pressure of the coolant system...

They make aluminum ones....

Summit SUM-300102 - Summit® Stainless Steel Overflow Tanks
Some other knock off companies as well
but if im going to hide it anyway whats the point....

• Sponsors (?)

Well, our coolant system isn't designed to be sealed as far as I know. Water does evaporate out over time, so I usually just add water not more coolant. I know Hissin made an overflow tank out of a PVC tube that was just small enough to take the cap & sensor. That might be another option.

If you don't need the washer reservoir, you can use that. The coolant sensor even can reportedly be made to fit and function.

Others have tossed a skinny aluminum can to the front of the radiator support. 95Cobraguy put up pics of his once IIRC.

The overflow bottle contents are at 1 Atm. You just need a cap to keep debris out (most OEM overflows even have a vent hole in case of overfilling). Ours included as I recall (there's a snout near the top of the bottle IIRC).

95cobraguy runs a $30 moroso catch can, and he mounted it in front of the radiator mounted from the rad support. it's basiclly under the radiator support cover.
i wanted to do the same but realized that if i ever get this turbo kit in the intercooler would mount there so i have to look at other options.

EDIT: IIRC this is the moroso that he uses, but my memmory might be off. Moroso 63657 - Moroso Radiator Overflow Tanks