Could this be Ford's plan for their special models?

Omegalock

Aug 31, 2003
The new Stang will be out pretty close to the 40th aniversery of the original with them being on the lots in late 04.

Now think about this since they have suggested they have a ton of variants and special editions planned could it be possible that they would mirror the special editions of the past in sequence?

For example.

1965 the first GT-350.
2005....GT-350.
2006 Cobra
2007 GT 500
2008 Bullit
2009 Boss 302 or something close?

That would be the most logical thing to me as that would be the anniversary editions of those huge names and they would sell like hot cakes.

• Sponsors (?)

I think any order of varients is purely speculation. But looking over your list, what about the Mach 1? The Bullit was much later, but pointed back to a classic '68.

Personally, I'd be surprised to see GT-350's or GT-500's, as well as Boss 302's, although maybe a variant using just the Boss name.

Without inside connections, who knows? It's all guessing now. Guessing may help the time pass, though. :banana:

Pred8tor said:
I think any order of varients is purely speculation. But looking over your list, what about the Mach 1? The Bullit was much later, but pointed back to a classic '68.

Personally, I'd be surprised to see GT-350's or GT-500's, as well as Boss 302's, although maybe a variant using just the Boss name.

Without inside connections, who knows? It's all guessing now. Guessing may help the time pass, though. :banana:
I let out the Mach because it and the Boss both showed up in the same year from all the info I could dig up. I was just thinking that considering how recent the current Mach is I wouldn't think they would put out a Mach AND a Boss if the 40 year thing was indeed their logic.

And yeah it's speculation but as the saying goes...put a bunch of monkies in a room full of typewriters and eventually one of them will write War and Peace.

Can Ford use "Boss"? Didn't they give/sell/license/lose in a poker game, the name to Shinoda?

I'd also be surprised to see a GT 350 or GT 500 model, but this car is just screaming for a shaker scoop, it even looks like its stamped for the hole to be cut into the hood. This car would make an awsome Mach 1, but it would also look great in just about any other special edition trim.