COVER or NO COVER?

• Sponsors (?)

Depends if it does anything. If it is a heat extractor which will help its efficiency and performance then I am for it but if it is just a looks thing that is going to increase its cost and hide its beautiful engine then I say leave it off.

OK, I found some larger pics.

cover.jpg

no_cover.jpg

The cover definitely dresses up the engine but it certainly wouldn't stop me from buying a GT without it.

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 107
  • no_cover.jpg
    no_cover.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 133
Now if those black runners were just coated with a satin aluminum finish.... I'd LOVE the "no covers" look.

But it doesn't matter. I'm not going to sit there at the mall with the hood open showing the engine off to a bunch of losers with their baseball caps on sideways and their pants dropping down around their knees.

I think I'd rather ~drive~ mine, and I can't see under the hood while I'm doing that, can I?

:D

M1Rifle said:
Now if those black runners were just coated with a satin aluminum finish.... I'd LOVE the "no covers" look.

But it doesn't matter. I'm not going to sit there at the mall with the hood open showing the engine off to a bunch of losers with their baseball caps on sideways and their pants dropping down around their knees.

I think I'd rather ~drive~ mine, and I can't see under the hood while I'm doing that, can I?

:D

I had a '95 Taurus SHO and it had the aluminum satin finish on the "bed of snakes" intake:

FORD_SHO.jpg

That Yamaha was one sweet engine!

I believe that the cover really adds a nice finish to this engine. I will say yes since i think that it makes the engine look alot more professional, but thats my opinion.

It needs something to dress up the engine. Without anything, it sorta looks like an LS1 or something (f-body, not Vette or GTO). The center cover looks cool, but if they don't have one, they should throw on some covers to hide all that unsighly wiring and stuff on the valve covers, much like the GTO and Vette have.

No, the cover(s) would not add any performance, but niether does a nice paintjob. And no, I won't be sitting in a mall parking lot with the hood up, but you'd be lying if you said you never popped the hood to show your friends when they came over to look at your new car.