Creaking Noise When Braking

Nikita2014

Nov 14, 2017
I have searched the internet for the past year for a solution to my problem with no avail. In my research, I have discovered that many people are having the same issue as me but nobody has ever posted a solution that worked. I am about ready to pull my hair out so I have decided to hit up the forums myself and ask for advice.

Here's my problem. I have a 2014 Mustang V6 Premium. No performance package. I am hearing a creaking noise like a old spring mattress or old creaking plastic office chair in the front passenger side of the vehicle. The noise is coming from the lower front passenger footwell. The noise occurs when I apply the brake, and begins when the nose of the car dips, all the way through when the nose rises again, and then it stops. Here's the facts:

1) Creaking noise during braking
2) Does NOT creak when braking stationary
3) Does NOT creak when pushing down on suspension
4) Does NOT creak when pushing the car forwards and backwards
5) It's NOT the calipers (I've replaced all 4 calipers)
6) It's NOT the brake pads (I've replaced all 4 brake pads)
7) It's NOT the front sway bar bushings (I've replaced them with polyurethane)
8) I've sprayed silicone lubricant on all moving parts/bushings/rubber/etc.
9) Both front lower control arms were replaced under warranty/TSB due to noise going over bumps
10) While the car was under warranty I took it to Ford and they claimed they couldn't hear it (It's loud)
11) I have installed everything correctly and have applied the proper grease and brake silencer
12) Creaking is louder in cold weather but still noticeable in warm weather
13) When slamming on the brake there is no creaking (possible noise could be getting drowned out)
14) When I brake so that the car nose doesn't dip, there is no creaking noise
15) Creaking won't begin until under about 40mph
16) Factory rotors were turned before doing brake job (still in great condition)
17) I have bled the brakes

I believe this is everything. Please HELP ME!

• Sponsors (?)

You have a 2014 so look at Strut tower mounts and lower control arms. On the S197's (like mine) some people reported clunks and creaks. I never had it but I did replace mine with the GT500 strut tower mounts and GT500 lower control arms. Now for the bad news. On the 2005 to 2010, the strut mount is direct fit. 2011 -2014 they changed the upper shaft so ...

Optional fit on 2011-2014 GT and V6 when installed with 2005-2010 Ford Racing Lowering Struts/Springs

Translation, you need to replace your struts fro them to fit

The first few minutes of this explain it

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73-qj2awHgk&t=244s

For the lower control arms, they had terrible bushings so these ARE direct replacement for you

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy_h9NeigFU&t=20s