Cruise to Knotts for those NOT showing 4-20-08

slayr281

The poster formerly known as slayr420
Founding Member
Jun 15, 1999
San Diego, California
thread updates on http://socalstangs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=312895
----

Not showing? Come along for the ride with us spectators. Featuring not one, not two, but three... three locations... ah, ah, ah!

It should go without saying that we are going to Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, CA, home to the 2008 Fabulous Fords Forever car show, which is a, or the major show in Southern California every year. If you're not going, you are missing out on not only Mustangs, but everything else Ford, and even those which are Ford powered.

It is on SUNDAY April 20th, 2008, and the gates open at 10am. But you're cool. I'm cool. We're arriving fashionably late, because that's how SCS f'n rolls. You don't have to be in SCS to roll up either, but it sure helps to avoid those awkward ice-breaking situations.

San Diego

When: 8:30am

Where: Walmart parking lot I-15/Aero Drive @ 3382 Murphy Canyon Road, San Diego, CA 92123
click here to get directions there
Shell gas station on the way there if you need to fuel, smoke, or snack up.

Leaving 9:00 SHARP to join the Carlsbad group.

Carlsbad

When: 9:15am

Where: TGI Fridays / Windmill @ 890 Palomar Airport Road, Carlsbad, CA 92011
click here to get directions there
Mobil gas station in the lot for all your automotive and homo erectus fueling needs.

Leaving 9:30 give or take a few to allow everybody to fuel and gather up. Next stop is a couple exits up at Camp Pen's I-5 Rest Stop.

I-5 Rest Stop, just past Camp Pen

When: 9:45am

Where: Uh, the rest stop on I-5 right after you leave Oceanside
No services other than the usual rest stop, maybe a vending machine and the crappers, but a good place to catch up stragglers, take pics, and try to leave all at once.

Last year we left at 7:30 and made great time to the show, got there real early and made great time on the ride up. I figured another hour of sleep wouldn't hurt. We caught traffic two years ago, but that was likely due to some accident crap and not on the time. We try not to speed and do silly highway antics, and the going pack speed is 75mph or so, which should have us in Buena Park a little after 11am.

• Sponsors (?)

I'll be there with my friend who drives this 2008 CS gt mustang in candy apple red with a Whipple HO supercharger and newly painted 12" racing stripes

P1000164.jpg

P1000185.jpg

P1000190.jpg

P1000003.jpg

P1000075.jpg