• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Damn, Damn, Damn Wheels are delayed

  • Thread starter Thread starter eric n
  • Start date Start date Jul 2, 2004

eric n

Founding Member
Jul 14, 2001
875
2
19
Bakersfield, CA
Jul 2, 2004
#1
  • Jul 2, 2004
  • #1
My new wheels were suppose to be in today. They were American Eagle Alloy 211s. They are a torque thrust II looking wheel. I was really looking forward to the 17" rubber. Now it looks like the supplier, through whom I was getting a Hook up $164/ wheel doesn't have my size in stock and wont for a couple of months. So.... Now I'm going to go with Vintage 45's and the price is RETAIL. (I hate retail).

Should be in next week. So almost $400 extra and I have to wait longer. DAMN DAMN DAMN.

Oh well, I really like the look of the vintage 45s.
 

pabear89

Active Member
Apr 15, 2003
2,126
0
46
High in the Hills of So Ca with the Voices in My H
Jul 3, 2004
#2
  • Jul 3, 2004
  • #2
Don't be burning up MY rubber.
My rear disc set up should be in on the 7th.


PB
 

eric n

Founding Member
Jul 14, 2001
875
2
19
Bakersfield, CA
Jul 3, 2004
#3
  • Jul 3, 2004
  • #3
pabear89 said:
Don't be burning up MY rubber.
My rear disc set up should be in on the 7th.


PB
Click to expand...

no problem pabear, it's getting some minor electrical this week end and will likely be going in for paint mon or tues. rubber is fat and happy
 
S

sportsroof69

Founding Member
May 21, 2002
231
0
16
Huntsville, AL
Jul 3, 2004
#4
  • Jul 3, 2004
  • #4
I got 2 Halibrand 5-spoke wheels back in '00. I have been trying to get 2 more since then. I keep getting told to "try back in the fall, try back early next year, try back in the summer, ..." . September is the last answer I got. I think I'm going to take out a loan and get some V40's, v45's, or V48's. I can't decide. My car is redneck right now. 2 255/50 dunlop 8k's on 16" 5 spokes, and 1 205/70 and 1 215/60 General may-pop on rusty styled steel wheels. I live in Alabama, so it's acceptible.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

305-45-17 tires on Pony wheels (17")?
  • TTSaleen
  • Mar 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
764
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 25, 2026
TTSaleen
O
SOLD FS: 18" FR500 chrome wheels and Toyo tires
  • optionizerSS
  • May 21, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
1
Views
206
Other Classifieds Jun 2, 2026
optionizerSS
O
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
354
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
347
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
Progress Thread Nicholase "lights out" build- MotiV8 engine management
  • nicholase
  • Aug 10, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 27 28 29
Replies
562
Views
46K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sunday at 12:15 PM
nicholase
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?