Progress Thread Nicholase "lights out" build- MotiV8 engine management

I keep forgetting to post here. Been really enjoying the car this summer! Ive put more miles on it this summer than the last 4 years I've had it. Last weekend was the seasons last "cars & coffee" and it was a mad house. Took the Mustang and had a great time. Two of my buddies had their cars, 69 Nova and 68 Chevelle. We had a great time.

Yesterday I took it out for a nice fall cruise to a lunch event at a semi local golf course. The car runs so frigging great. Was a really nice 45 min ride out into the country. I forgot to take pics at both of these events lol.

This morning I went out to get a picture hanger for the wife and took another country cruise. Gone for about 2 hours lol. This is my favorite time of the year. I love cruising through the back roads covered in leaves and seeing them all wash out of my way as I roll though and kicking up behind me in the rear view mirror. There's just something special about the fall.

I took a few pics this time.

f1e020d7-62e2-424c-ad7e-0979bf57433b.webp


17d7ad8d-a57c-4c2c-a5eb-4a5c5b39be16.webp


4ffae923-af5f-4a84-861e-b80d6f6a99fd.webp


aa5bbce4-0704-424d-a932-b49fa268c071.webp
 
Is there a website for the motiv8 products?
I don't think so. I believe he has a Facebook group, but I don't have Facebook or any of that media stuff. You can email him at [email protected] for info.

If you have a pro-m system and are looking for the upgrade it's worth it.

If your thinking about a from scratch kit I highly recommend it. This setup is fantastic. My car literally runs like a brand new Mustang. Starts quick cold or hot. Idles great. Purrs lile a kitten and goes like hell. Driveability is flawless. I've read some of the tuning threads here and I feel pretty spoiled. I really didn't have to do much at all with the tune.
 
These are what he emailed me regarding the upgrades from the old ProM calibration.


Here is a list of MotiV8 upgrades:

  • CAN bus wideband support
  • Access to 2x+ more tuning parameters than Pro-M exposed
  • Fix for the injector end angle bug present in Pro-M
  • PCV unmetered air compensation
  • MAF transfer function now editable in the Working Page with the engine running
  • Vehicle speed parameters now editable in the Working Page with the engine running
  • Hot injector compensation (heat soak time based) (this fixes the lean condition on hot starts)
  • Improved decel fuel cut strategy (requires clutch switch harness)
  • Improved methanol injection spark strategy
  • Ability to open multiple tunes simultaneously
  • Preloaded workspaces and scope sets
  • Improved datalogging
Already coded and running in my own car — coming soon:

  • 2-step closed loop fuel action made adjustable (paused and now option for open loop)
  • Engine negative torque closed loop fuel action made adjustable (paused and now option for open loop)
  • Adaptive fuel min/max separated from short-term PI correction limits
  • Fuel density compensation (requires flex fuel sensor)
  • Hot injector compensation (fuel temp based) (requires flex fuel sensor)
  • Smoothing feature in all tables
  • Cleaner, more intuitive parameter naming throughout
 
  • Like
Reactions: DadLife0724