Dash Lighting

I need some HELP please but first I think I need to introduce myself.
Hi, I'm Bad Grandpa, why? Well, my son wanted a '92 Foxbody, I paid for it and he was to pay me back, he missed 2 payments and I took the car. We happen to live beside my granddaughter and when she saw her daddy's car in our driveway, she was a little upset........ So, now I'm a Bad Grandpa!
Now for the meats and tators of my post, as I've said, I now have a '92 Foxbody which is Wild Strawberry in color that needs some TLC. I want to replace my dash lights, over half of them don't work, and I'm confused as to which bulbs to replace the old ones with. I like the thought of LEDs, they last longer and use less energy which should be good for the old electrical system. However, I've read mixed reviews on this forum and other pages. I also realize that some people are just plain stupid, me, I'm only half stupid. Some of the reviews were written by people that may have failed to read or watch videos about the proper install of the LEDs.
So, what is the general opinion about the LEDs and who did you purchase them from?
I've looked at the usual Mustang restore/remod pages and the reviews aren't what I'd call "glowing".
Thank you for reading and replying.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet @Bad Grandpa !

Great name, I like the story too.

I'm going to move your thread to the '79-'95 general talk section, you'll get a lot more response there.

The LED's have been a popular topic from time to time. You'll get some advise for sure on this.

Post a couple pictures of your mustang. We'd love to see it, we're kind of picture whores here:eek:.

There's actually a thread on this. It's back a few pages, I'll see if I can dig up.

I've pretty much replaced all interior lights with LED. Dash, and dome/hatch. Came out nice.

Haven't done exterior LEDs though other than license plate
9e2fc8cc6c576170b0ff9bbdce32eb9f.jpg

I don't blame you for taking the car back either. I would have done the same.

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
5L5 I've been stalking Stangnet for a little while now and read several posts but none seem to have really good reviews from a majority of members. I also noticed, from the posts I've found, that all LED comments were a couple years old. My belief is that some progress has been made in the past couple years and the lighting has gotten better. I like the way your interior is lit up and that is the look I'm after.

Welcome to Stangnet @Bad Grandpa !

Great name, I like the story too.

I'm going to move your thread to the '79-'95 general talk section, you'll get a lot more response there.

The LED's have been a popular topic from time to time. You'll get some advise for sure on this.

Post a couple pictures of your mustang. We'd love to see it, we're kind of picture whores here:eek:.
I can try to the my girlfriend to do it, she has an iphone, my flip phone doesn't do that kind of thing!!

Reactions: 1 user
Davedacarpainter: I thank you for moving the thread.
5L5: Those pics look good, that is the look I'm after. Not too flashy but still semi-original. I want to keep it as close to original/stock as I can.
We went to visit my other son today, next county over and a couple more miles. On the way home I found a 5.0, same color, either a 92 or a 93. Dead tags and inspection, body looks great, all lines straight... etc.
I am going to call in the business it is sitting at and inquire if it is for sale.... wish me luck.

I'm to have to get girlfriend to take and post pics, my flip phone won't do that.
Tomorrow it is going to the shop for a new exhaust, quiet one that is.......

Hey man, nice starting point for what you want to do!

Talk to @Mustang5L5 about those sagging door map pockets. He just did a nice fix on his.

I had the same problem with my pictures on here. You need to hold your phone with the main control button to the right when taking pictures. @Noobz347 can correct my wording of that if it's a little clumsy sounding.

O.k., I passed the message on to my g/f. The pics she sent me, to my email account were fine but when I hit the browser to select the pics, they posted upside down. I think she will have to get my granddaughter to explain it to her. I don't even know how to answer her phone if it rings........ I think Ma Bell would roll in her grave if she was to see what has happened to her old cradle phone.
Thank you and we will post more after I get the dash is put back in and again after the new (old) paint gets sprayed.
The map pockets, I am thinking of doing the pocket delete replacement. Who uses maps any more? I have two women, one GPS and the other 5'07" with long brown hair, who is always telling me where to go.

Straight from my email to downloads then to this comment........
This was taken at the garage that did the fluid/filter changes and trans work.
Before I spent 2 hours with the pressure washer and half a trash can of junk was removed from the little car.

Attachments

• IMG_4365.JPG
    IMG_4365.JPG
    964.4 KB · Views: 129