• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Deeper exhaust

  • Thread starter Thread starter LawlessJay
  • Start date Start date May 1, 2008
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
O

o0Dan0o

Founding Member
Feb 8, 2001
485
1
0
May 8, 2008
#21
  • May 8, 2008
  • #21
GT Dave said:
I went to a local muffler shop and had them weld in Magnapacks with a 14" long body and 4" round about 6" behind the H pipe. They finished off the rear with stainless and some Maganaflow tips for around $350. At first the sound was good but the volume was a little disappointing. After about 500 miles the volume fixed itself and the sound improved also. Yea I know this is worthless without sound clips.
Click to expand...

I had thought about that a lot, but the Pypes MM system is $300 at brenspeed. I think that's the selling point there.
Dan
 

xxrequiemxx

Member
Aug 23, 2001
239
0
16
Long Island, NY
May 8, 2008
#22
  • May 8, 2008
  • #22
I am running Flow A/T's with a Pypes H-pipe....

I like the sound - but its LOUD. There is some pretty nasty resonance at around 2500rpm...

I have been thinking about getting Corsa - but they are so much $$
 

wusthof

Member
Nov 19, 2007
192
1
18
BC, Canada
May 8, 2008
#23
  • May 8, 2008
  • #23
o0Dan0o said:
the Pypes MM system is $300 at brenspeed. I think that's the selling point there.
Dan
Click to expand...

 

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
1,679
2
38
Central VA
May 9, 2008
#24
  • May 9, 2008
  • #24
xxrequiemxx said:
I am running Flow A/T's with a Pypes H-pipe....

I like the sound - but its LOUD. There is some pretty nasty resonance at around 2500rpm...

I have been thinking about getting Corsa - but they are so much $$
Click to expand...
Hell yeah! Just added the MACs a few weeks ago and it's just a bit louder AND deeper
 

walter

Founding Member
Aug 13, 1998
1,054
0
46
Houston TX
May 9, 2008
#25
  • May 9, 2008
  • #25
Steeda stingers, deep, very deep and not too loud.


Perfect. Almost afraid to get an X-pipe not to ruin how it sounds.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

N
Need stainless carb heat shield
  • newmex999
  • Aug 29, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
131
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
Mcmahst
J
Engine 4.6 Running rough at half throttle
  • jake411
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
200
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 4, 2026
jake411
J
G
Resolved Smoking Wiring Issue After GT40 Head Swap
  • Grapes
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
461
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 22, 2026
Grapes
G
M
WTB/Trade WTB side exhaust
  • Mark1999GT
  • Oct 4, 2025
  • Exhaust Parts
Replies
0
Views
240
Exhaust Parts Oct 4, 2025
Mark1999GT
M
Exhaust Exhaust resonance
  • keel
  • Jul 24, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
323
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 11, 2026
keel
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?