• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Dhearn/allcarfan

  • Thread starter Thread starter WORTH
  • Start date Start date Nov 12, 2004

WORTH

20+ Year Stangneter
Nov 18, 2002
2,166
44
98
Cape Cod, Ma.
Nov 12, 2004
#1
  • Nov 12, 2004
  • #1
didn't want to hijackthat thread anymore than we already did

is this what you need????

 

Aero

Founding Member
Jul 22, 2002
454
0
16
New Hampshire
Nov 12, 2004
#2
  • Nov 12, 2004
  • #2
That Looks real familiar, is that the one from the engine I took out?
 

WORTH

20+ Year Stangneter
Nov 18, 2002
2,166
44
98
Cape Cod, Ma.
Nov 12, 2004
#3
  • Nov 12, 2004
  • #3
Aero said:
That Looks real familiar, is that the one from the engine I took out?
Click to expand...

Nope you got that engine complete, you must have that one.
 

Aero

Founding Member
Jul 22, 2002
454
0
16
New Hampshire
Nov 12, 2004
#4
  • Nov 12, 2004
  • #4
WORTH said:
Nope you got that engine complete, you must have that one.
Click to expand...


Ok, been so long since I have looked at that thing. It's at my buddy's house.
 

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
2,458
1
56
North Atlanta
Nov 12, 2004
#5
  • Nov 12, 2004
  • #5
I dont think that is it worth.
 

WORTH

20+ Year Stangneter
Nov 18, 2002
2,166
44
98
Cape Cod, Ma.
Nov 12, 2004
#6
  • Nov 12, 2004
  • #6
allcarfan said:
I dont think that is it worth.
Click to expand...
What do you think is wrong about it? Does your's use the backing plate on the waterpump?
 
D

D.Hearne

New Member
Sep 29, 2000
11,730
6
0
south louisiana
Nov 13, 2004
#7
  • Nov 13, 2004
  • #7
That's a cover for a passenger side inlet pump, but it's different from the one I had pulled from the 67 I had. What's the casting # on that one? Maybe the one I had was the earlier one. That one looks like the later ones except for the timing pointer. Come to think of it, all the small block water pumps I've had , used a backing plate.
 

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
2,458
1
56
North Atlanta
Nov 13, 2004
#8
  • Nov 13, 2004
  • #8
I have never seen one without a backing plate.

WORTH, i compared that one with the one that P51 posted in our other thread. He posted one for a 65-66 with inlet on the passenger side. The actual area were the water pump mounts is a little recessed and the thing that looks like a nipple northeast of the crank snout hole is different.

I can believe I just posted this" the thing that looks like a nipple northeast of the crank snout hole "
 
D

D.Hearne

New Member
Sep 29, 2000
11,730
6
0
south louisiana
Nov 13, 2004
#9
  • Nov 13, 2004
  • #9
allcarfan said:
I have never seen one without a backing plate.

WORTH, i compared that one with the one that P51 posted in our other thread. He posted one for a 65-66 with inlet on the passenger side. The actual area were the water pump mounts is a little recessed and the thing that looks like a nipple northeast of the crank snout hole is different.

I can believe I just posted this" the thing that looks like a nipple northeast of the crank snout hole "
Click to expand...
 

WORTH

20+ Year Stangneter
Nov 18, 2002
2,166
44
98
Cape Cod, Ma.
Nov 13, 2004
#10
  • Nov 13, 2004
  • #10
D.Hearne said:
That's a cover for a passenger side inlet pump, but it's different from the one I had pulled from the 67 I had. What's the casting # on that one? Maybe the one I had was the earlier one. That one looks like the later ones except for the timing pointer. Come to think of it, all the small block water pumps I've had , used a backing plate.
Click to expand...

that one is #C50F-6059-A , the picture you emailed me showed one without the backing plate, and it dod ring a bell, but I don't have any like that.

ALLCARFAN, this one is a passenger side WP pickup. that TIT is the timing mark on the drivers side, and it has the dipstick tube hole on the passengers side as well. What don't you think is right about it?
 
D

D.Hearne

New Member
Sep 29, 2000
11,730
6
0
south louisiana
Nov 14, 2004
#11
  • Nov 14, 2004
  • #11
I think the cover I had, had a C4 casting #, if I recall correctly, so your's is likely the later one, used up to 69. I've got a later version, it's identical to your's, just lacks the "TIT" ( are we allowed to say that here? )
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Big Posi and Neg wire from Starter to Battery and Alt wires..........
  • from6to8
  • Feb 9, 2026
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
1
Views
264
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Feb 9, 2026
AeroCoupe
Radio, Speaker Upgrades
  • TripleYellow
  • Apr 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
186
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 24, 2026
TripleYellow
S
2005 Ford Mustang Replacement Radio
  • Sambo1964
  • Jan 22, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
1
Views
185
The Welcome Wagon Jan 22, 2026
Sambo1964
S
C
Bored with my 73
  • Curtis Harper
  • Apr 14, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
278
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Apr 23, 2026
RaggedGT
B
Engine Strange Noise
  • burntokita
  • May 8, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
479
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 11, 2026
keel
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?