Did anyone else have IAC failure shortly after doing the copper cap mod

• Sponsors (?)

my IAC only has 9000 miles on it too. I tapped it with the end of a screwdriver and at least it stays on now, but it idles at like 500rpm, will idling that low hurt anything(Im gonna fix it tomorrow)

squares98 said:
my IAC only has 9000 miles on it too. I tapped it with the end of a screwdriver and at least it stays on now, but it idles at like 500rpm, will idling that low hurt anything(Im gonna fix it tomorrow)
When I was experimenting what size hole I should drill into the pipe cap, I started out too small and mine idled at 500rpm or so. It definitely smelled like the car was running rich and the motor sounded like it was straining.

But if you're gonna fix it tomorow, it won't hurt anything.

:rlaugh: Soooooo fitting --------->
image.php

To be honest it doesn't seem healthy to my engine and I would really like to take it out. But I tried that once, and that sucked. I have gotten so used to quick shifts with my shifter and RPM drop combined that when I went back to stock I drove like crap.

But the engine can idle lower than I'd like, and can hit nasty lows with A/C and defroster. When started up, the engine is suppose to warm itself with a higher idle at around 1000-1100 RPM in cold weather (like now, for me) and I'm finding myself doing that manually by adding a little gas. When I engine brake there is a significant increase in the amount of drivetrain slack it seems and it bounces around even more than it already does. I would guess to attribute that to the lower idle power which would otherwise smooth that out.

And it sounds like it's murdering my A/C clutch, but luckily I won't need that for a while.

Since the IAC is electronic, I was wondering if someone could put a little code in a tuner somewhere so we can safely adjust this.

FalconGuy016 said:
When I engine brake there is a significant increase in the amount of drivetrain slack it seems and it bounces around even more than it already does. I would guess to attribute that to the lower idle power which would otherwise smooth that out.

Since the IAC is electronic, I was wondering if someone could put a little code in a tuner somewhere so we can safely adjust this.

WTF, "Engine brake", what is it a Mac truck?