Did I get the right headers?

Hydrocarbon

Nov 18, 2003
Medford Oregon
:bang: :mad: OK. I'm pretty mad right now, and I need someone to confirm this for me. I bought a set of hooker headers that were supposed to be ceramic coated, and new in box. The ones I got look like they are painted black, and they have spots of rust on them. So tell me. Are ceramic headers black and do they rust easily?

• Sponsors (?)

Doesn't look right to me too. Hmm..metallic ceramic coated should be zinc like coating not painted black. If they are Super Comps the part number should be 6116-1HKR, not 6116HKR. Need that "-1" to say it's ceramic coated and have a Hooker brand stamped on it. Maybe some ordering error, cost for the black is like $300 compare to ceramic coat of $500.

Also, if it is showing rust, I would sent it back anyway :shrug:

Your not going to get ceramic coated headers for $81.00. This guy really took you for a ride because I know the picture does not describe what you got in the mail. I just paid $309.00 for Tri Ys by SAC Mustang and they are ceramic coating. I got hit with the lovely CA sales tax....

word of advice if you payed with paypal, do not wait too long before filing a complaint with them. I have heard too many stories of people getting screwed because the seller keeps feeding them lines of BS, then when they finally have had enough it is too late to get money back from paypal. It is not unlikely this seller intentionally mislabelled these headers as ceramic in attempt to make a few extra bucks. You should contact the seller FIRST and demand immediate resolution, because contacting them first is the right thing to do, but keep in mind he could very well be scum and don't get caught up in his BS.