• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

different head unit

  • Thread starter Thread starter 91mini
  • Start date Start date Jun 18, 2005

91mini

Member
Dec 6, 2004
115
0
16
Jun 18, 2005
#1
  • Jun 18, 2005
  • #1
I am planning on putting in a new head unit. Is there anything I should be concerned with before installing? Will it just be plug and play or will there be to much extra crap to buy to make it work? Besides wiring harness and installation kit to fit the oversized double DIN hole?
 

Infinity

Founding Member
Apr 7, 2002
956
0
0
Charlestown, IN
Jun 18, 2005
#2
  • Jun 18, 2005
  • #2
If you get the proper wiring harness- no problemo. Get a double DIN unit, though. They look a LOT better than the single+pocket. I like the Kenwood 7015, but $$$$$$$$$BLINGBLINGCHING$$$$
 

91mini

Member
Dec 6, 2004
115
0
16
Jun 19, 2005
#3
  • Jun 19, 2005
  • #3
Anyone have a pic of what the one with the pocket looks like? I was possible going to buy a regular sized head unit and maybe buy and equilizer to go under it if they will fit that way. I thought that would look great?
 

crewwolfy

Member
May 26, 2005
108
0
16
Chicago, IL
Jun 20, 2005
#4
  • Jun 20, 2005
  • #4
Parked my other car on the street the other night and it got broken into. I'm keeping this stang nice and stock-looking until I'm more confident in my neighborhood.

I agree on no pocket. Can't even put anything in that pocket without it falling out when you floor it. I think if you fill it up with something (equalizer, dvd player, etc.), it'll look fine. But I love the way the stock unit looks, myself.
 
I

iammilo

New Member
May 25, 2005
18
0
0
Jun 20, 2005
#5
  • Jun 20, 2005
  • #5
If it were me, I'd run a passive equalizer in the second space. Upgrade the whole system and run two amps for the mids and highs. Beyond that, yank the ****ty Shaker (if you have it) subs and amp and replace 'em with an MTX and a decent 10" sub.
 

91mini

Member
Dec 6, 2004
115
0
16
Jun 23, 2005
#6
  • Jun 23, 2005
  • #6
iammilo said:
If it were me, I'd run a passive equalizer in the second space. Upgrade the whole system and run two amps for the mids and highs. Beyond that, yank the ****ty Shaker (if you have it) subs and amp and replace 'em with an MTX and a decent 10" sub.
Click to expand...


What's a good passive equilizer. I wanted to put one in along with a regular sized headunit for looks mainly for now. Crutchfield only offers 3 and only 1 is decent . Can you make any suggestions as to were I can get a good one that also looks good?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

For Sale 2006 Mustang GT Shaker 500 Head Unit with Bracket
  • lenko
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
0
Views
98
Other Classifieds Sep 3, 2026
lenko
Electrical problem plug in the drivers kick panel
  • Mindseye007
  • Aug 16, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
166
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 16, 2026
Mindseye007
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
176
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
Electrical 91 hatch wiring help needed
  • FastDriver
  • Apr 7, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
227
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 8, 2026
FastDriver
1
Electrical Headlight harness trouble
  • 1985fox
  • Apr 14, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
390
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 17, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?