• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Disc Brake lines

  • Thread starter Thread starter golf4283
  • Start date Start date Mar 30, 2008

golf4283

Active Member
May 30, 2003
1,253
1
39
Orland Park, Illinois
Mar 30, 2008
#1
  • Mar 30, 2008
  • #1
Ok so I have my verailles rear-end ready to roll and I need to fab up the brake lines for it. What parts do I need to do this? I heard you need to adapt them or something but have no clue. I will be doing this myself and getting a flare tool etc but just dont know what parts I need to do the job.
 

Rusty67

20+ Year Stangneter
Dec 3, 2002
3,749
37
109
LA, CA
Mar 30, 2008
#2
  • Mar 30, 2008
  • #2
Let me say that you are going to want to get a GOOD flare tool like the eastwood hydrolic one. I've used the regular flare tools and if you are going to use stainless steel hard line you don't have a chance.

You need the soft lines that go to the caliper and I think 3/16 hard line. You will also need the correct fitings for the hard line. Are you going to run 1 line to the center of the axle or split it further back and have it come off of the frame like newer cars ?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Best place to source power steering parts for a '67? (control valve, ram, hoses)
  • SophiaTatum
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
146
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jun 18, 2026
SophiaTatum
S
B
68 manual disc/drum master cylinder
  • Butchd88
  • May 27, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
105
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- May 27, 2026
Butchd88
B
Brakes Sealant for passenger side brake line fitting? (Weatherhead 7828)
  • dan50
  • Nov 9, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
319
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 12, 2025
dan50
D
What's it Worth? Considering Selling '82 Fairmont Futura Body Shell
  • DonMay63
  • Apr 5, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
0
Views
137
What is it Worth?!?!? Apr 5, 2026
DonMay63
D
G
Auto City Classics 67-70 Mustang disc brake kit question/s
  • GOvert
  • Jun 30, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
103
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 30, 2026
GOvert
G
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?