Do I need to order Fox body front struts?

• Sponsors (?)

I usually try to help and never tell people to use the search, but I actually might on this one. I believe I have read about 94-04 Mustangs getting Fox struts when they are significantly lower than stock. The 94-04 struts are taller than the fox struts. I have had both in hand and pushed down on both. The fox strut stops first. Somebody else will chime in I'm sure.

I usually try to help and never tell people to use the search, but I actually might on this one. I believe I have read about 94-04 Mustangs getting Fox struts when they are significantly lower than stock. The 94-04 struts are taller than the fox struts. I have had both in hand and pushed down on both. The fox strut stops first. Somebody else will chime in I'm sure.

I searched and did not come away with anything concrete. All my buddies are telling me order the foxes and StangSuspensions is telling me it does not matter and go with the 99-04 specific ones :shrug:

Shoot MM an email with your question and the combo you are interested in...

55yo1.jpg

I asked MM this awhile ago, I will pull up the email when I get home. From what I remember they said to use the 99-04 ones, not the foxes. With the Fox struts, your dampener will hit its limit sooner which can cause the wheel to lift off the ground under a hard turn.

Lowering your car with FRPP C-springs will only lower it about 1" in the rear and 1.25" in the front which is not that much. You can get most aftermarket shocks/struts w. that kind of drop & usually not even need CC plates. I have Strage 10way adj. shocks and struts and i love them.