Does Anyone In The De/md/pa/nj Area Have A Lower Control Arm Bolt???

92Apocalypso

Mar 7, 2017
gentleman,

I am in need of a lower control arm bolt. i cannot finish my install without one. naturally first 3 were no issue to get out last one had to be cut out. jegs and LMR want over $50 for a set, and it'll take a few days to get here. does anyone in the above mentioned area have one handy??? I will gladly buy and pick it up.

• Sponsors (?)

Lower control arm bolts: 12mm-1.75x100

Get nuts and washers too. They should be grade 8, no less.

Call around to hardware and parts stores to save some gas or just look at their websites.

Have you tried Fastenall?
I've bought Many bolts/nuts etc from them.

If you need the size here's a link to every bolt in a fox-
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/foxbody-nuts-bolts-screw-list.893778/

Edit:Noobz beat me to it.

yep. I've tried 3 places in person and called another handful. fastenal has offered the best scenario which is $40 for 5 of them (must buy 5) and they said MAYBE they can have them Friday, Def by Monday..... which is why I'm trying to find someone local who has 1.

Reactions: 1 user
pic below

Attachments

• 20170719_101710.jpg
    20170719_101710.jpg
    908.4 KB · Views: 154
Reactions: 1 user
Be careful here. Those bolts carry a lot of load, so you want to make sure you match the strength of the existing bolt. I know ford OEM bolts are expensive, but they are usually Grade 8/10.9 or superior, and hard to find at various other vendors.

These are metric bolts, so the grade system is different. These may be Grade 10.9 (roughly grade 8) or even Grade 12.9 bolts (equal to grade ASTM-A574) which might be hard to find

Reactions: 1 users
Be careful here. Those bolts carry a lot of load, so you want to make sure you match the strength of the existing bolt. I know ford OEM bolts are expensive, but they are usually Grade 8/10.9 or superior, and hard to find at various other vendors.

These are metric bolts, so the grade system is different. These may be Grade 10.9 (roughly grade 8) or even Grade 12.9 bolts (equal to grade ASTM-A574) which might be hard to find

Yeah, roger that. As a matter of fact, the bolts that I linked above are the stainless steel. NOT the ones that you want.

Gonna kill those links before some FB twit comes along and orders a set without reading the thread.

I was told these are grade 8, which is the same as 10.9 (1 metric and 1 standard). it was a fastener place and the guy seemed super knowledgeable.. . should I trust it, or just bits the bullet and order the :poo: from jegs?

Sounds like you are questioning the non original replacements.
In that case, I always just go for the real thing, regardless of cost, you don't need to be thinking about a control arm coming off every time you hit the gas.

While the bolts very well may be the same, peace of mind is priceless.

I was told these are grade 8, which is the same as 10.9 (1 metric and 1 standard). it was a fastener place and the guy seemed super knowledgeable.. . should I trust it, or just bits the bullet and order the :poo: from jegs?

Fastener guy said they were grade 8 on a metric bolt? They should really be graded on the metric scale here. Can you show a picture of the head to see the markings? Also, can we see the markings on the head of an OEM bolt?

Fastener guy said they were grade 8 on a metric bolt? They should really be graded on the metric scale here. Can you show a picture of the head to see the markings? Also, can we see the markings on the head of an OEM bolt?

Will do. The bolts are at my buddies shop. I will be back down there tomorrow evening, will upload photos as soon as I get there. Will be around 6 pm.