does anyone like the x pipe sound?

• Sponsors (?)

garystocker said:
That's great! Is it throaty and deep?

Neither.
X-pipe give a higher pitched sound, and, wail at rpm rather than roar. More akin to an exotic car sound... especially with straight thru mufflers.

throaty and deep is long tubes H pipe and chambered mufflers.

ive got a x pipe that the muffler shop i go to fabbed up. looks identifcal to the bassani x pipe and with the one chambers it sounds awesome. its really loud behind the car but inside it isnt too out of control loud

vikingpower said:
I think the biggest effect on the sound is whether or not you have catylitic converters... I've got BBK long tubes w/non-cat h-pipe and it really screams at WOT. Isnt deep and throaty, kinda quiet actually until the RPMs come up.
I also believe the cats make a big difference in sound. I have FMS Shorty Headers, BBK off-road H pipe and Flowmaster's (not sure the series, but I assume the ever-popular 40's) and mine is loud at idle; not really sure how you could say yours is quiet when you have long tubes, unless you have quiet mufflers...either that or our definitions of quiet aren't the same. You can hear my car from probably 100 ft at idle...if it's running in the driveway, you can hear it all through the house. I've set off car alarms just turning around in a parking lot :hail2:

I'm not much on the exotic sound...deep and muscle-car sounding for me :flag:

X-pipe= :hail2: . See siggy for the rest of mods. Word of caution though, it will make your car sound DIFFERENT, most of the people say that it doesn't sound like a typical 5.0, whether that's good or bad that depends on your point of view. Mine seemed to get rid of that booming resonance at around 1500-2300 rpm that 5.0 are known for, otherwise the rumble is still there, just smoother, more 4.6 like, but edgier :nice: . At idle, mine has a wicked growl, like some unburnt fuel is hitting the hot exhaust, sounds like a dragster, I dunno, I likey :hail2: :hail2: