Does this look like a legit King?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not very educated on that kind of stuff, but I don't think it's a King. Looks like a fastback with the spoiler and stuff. Don't the King Cobras have fancier interiors?

I think it's just a modified fastback. (2+2 I think it is?)

Tough call, but my guess is it isn't legit. Either way though it's had a lot of parts swapped from another car. It does have blacked-out window moldings and light bezels which suggests KC. But the targa band has chrome which should be black. Other things to check for, besides the buck tag which I assume is missing:

- KC brake ducts
- rear sway bar (although maybe all 78's had them?)
- bumper molding pinstriping colored to match KC pinstriping

Also, check the wheel spats. From the factory they were attached with aluminum pop-rivets. Check behind the spats too if you can - this area is likely rusted through.

Are you thinking of buying it? It's missing a lot of hard-to-find KC parts, so I wouldn't pay any more even if it does turn out to be a real King.

When i was looking for a car a guy sent me pictures of that one for sale. I think he was asking $1500??? and I know it had no motor and tranny. The guy who sent me these pictures was the same guy who sold a bucktage and VIN number plate for a king on ebay

On the rear sway bar thing - I didn't mean it as though only King Cobras had the rear sway bar. Just that if it doesn't have a rear sway bar then it's probably not a real King. But then it probably will have the rear bar since all 78's had it (I think).

Vince said:
On the rear sway bar thing - I didn't mean it as though only King Cobras had the rear sway bar. Just that if it doesn't have a rear sway bar then it's probably not a real King. But then it probably will have the rear bar since all 78's had it (I think).

my 78 did not come with a rear sway bar