dome light????

DeadEnd

Sep 24, 2009
Well my dome light seems to always be on, i just replaced the head light switch and connector, but still always on. Does anyone have a schematic of how its wired, and there were two wires from the new switch connector that didn't have a home with the original wiring....any help would be awesome!

• Sponsors (?)

Possibly one of the door switches is stuck.

Why was there a new connector with the headlight switch. Was the old one fried? One would normally just replace the switch and not wire in a new connector.

When i took the connector apart to see if i could see any damage, it was fried and sections cut out and basically rigged to work(thanks previous owner). And I noticed that there was no bulb in the dome light, so when I put one it BAM!! always on. So I'm in trying to make this car whole again piece by piece, which can be tough on a students budget. I'll check the door switches and see if I found my culprit.

When i took the connector apart to see if i could see any damage, it was fried and sections cut out and basically rigged to work(thanks previous owner). And I noticed that there was no bulb in the dome light, so when I put one it BAM!! always on. So I'm in trying to make this car whole again piece by piece, which can be tough on a students budget. I'll check the door switches and see if I found my culprit.

There was also an optional illuminated entry system. If yours has this option there is a switch on the door handle handle assembly that turns the light on when the handle (either side) is lifted. There is a illuminated entry module and/or a keyless entry module for this circuit as well.