• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

door panel problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter tkd3rd
  • Start date Start date May 5, 2012

tkd3rd

New Member
Aug 8, 2011
4
0
1
Fayetteville, NC
May 5, 2012
#1
  • May 5, 2012
  • #1
I have an 06 Mustang GT which has these vinyl inserts in the door panels. These inserts are peeling off. Anybody know of a good upholstery shop near fayetteville, nc that can fix this?? Anybody know how to fix this yourself?? I'd greatly appreciate any help!!
 

Az Pete

10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
711
18
49
Panama City, Fl.
May 5, 2012
#2
  • May 5, 2012
  • #2
Somewhere....on a forum.....there was a thread on how to fix them if your material is nopt torn. Basically, a good quality spray adhesive, pull the material down to expose the back and the panel, tape off all items you want to keep the glue off of,,,,spray....follow directions on sticking parts together. Most have had good luck with this for some time after completion.

If I find the posts, I will return and post that info.

Here is one....but not the one I remember... http://forums.themustangsource.com/f692/door-panel-problems-any-suggestions-477520/#post6065394

Here is the one I was referencing... http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...on/555655-door-panel-leather-sagging-fix.html
 

tkd3rd

New Member
Aug 8, 2011
4
0
1
Fayetteville, NC
May 6, 2012
#3
  • May 6, 2012
  • #3
Az Pete said:
Somewhere....on a forum.....there was a thread on how to fix them if your material is nopt torn. Basically, a good quality spray adhesive, pull the material down to expose the back and the panel, tape off all items you want to keep the glue off of,,,,spray....follow directions on sticking parts together. Most have had good luck with this for some time after completion.

If I find the posts, I will return and post that info.

Here is one....but not the one I remember... http://forums.themustangsource.com/f692/door-panel-problems-any-suggestions-477520/#post6065394

Here is the one I was referencing... http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...on/555655-door-panel-leather-sagging-fix.html
Click to expand...
Thanks AzPete. This is very helpful
 

streethorse

15 Year Member
Oct 8, 2005
1,042
6
58
Dallas Texas
May 6, 2012
#4
  • May 6, 2012
  • #4
After reading this thread I went ahead and did my driver side door today
with the Weldwood contact cement from HDepot.
Came out near perfect except for 1 wrinkle in the back thats unnoticeable
to anyone but me.
Its harder than you may think, that stuff sets up really fast and is
super tacky.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Interior and Upholstery Best vinyl adhesive for door panels?
  • wobbyguy
  • Jan 27, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
3K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 31, 2025
limp
W
Tuner info.
  • wild stallion
  • Aug 28, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
164
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 28, 2025
Noobz347
New gal in San Diego
  • Mustang Momma
  • Feb 11, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
243
The Welcome Wagon Feb 11, 2026
Mcmahst
G
Idle surging after warm up
  • GALLY3309
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
203
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 10, 2026
Noobz347
G
Help! Radio, door chime fuse keeps blowing.
  • goofyfoot53
  • Sep 9, 2025
  • 2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech
Replies
1
Views
360
2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech Sep 9, 2025
91AOD5.0LX
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?