Door panel removal

• Sponsors (?)

ok there are 3 screws and 2 bolts 1 screw is in the door handel on the inside. 1 is on the triangle piece behind the mirror and then the last screw is on the top of the door arm at the top were the power buttons are then on the door rest there are 2 pluges if they are still on yours and the 2 bolts are there then all you have to do is carefully take the door panel and pull it away from the door. that should be it if you got anymore questions just ask

do yourself a favor and get the clip removal tool. like 8 bucks your door pannels will thank you. I cant tell you how many door pannels I have taken off that were destroyed by idiots using a screwdriver to pry them out. It should take about 10 min to take it all appart. 2 bolts in the arm rest 1 screw in the arm rest. 1 scre and 1 allen screw holding the miror adjuster. 1 screw for the door handle. 1 fro the door lock swithckh and one for the window switch. it makes life easy if the window is down. then put it back up to get to your door lock.
To replace the door lock 1 of 2 ways. first and easiest drill out the retaining rivit and pull out lock put in new lock and re rivit( this is a special large rivit.) dont drill out unless you have a suitable rivit.

Second get a large screwdriver and pry the actuator from the bracket and remove. getting it back in is fun though. I can do one in 5 min or less now that way.

lol

I have a screw in the armrest too :shrug: By the way, I saw replacement clips at my local Ace Hardware last time I was there. They didn't have many left, but I think they were pretty cheap.

most all cars have some sort of bolt or screw in the arm rest, as that is the same place that one slams the door shut with!
Some are underneath the arm rest (out of site) and some are covered with a cover.