E-bay Sucks, Where Else To Sell?

FoxMustangLvr

I love my Pimp
SN Certified Technician
Oct 14, 2012
Spokane, Wa
My E-bay auction for my Lakewood struts & Eibach drag launch springs just ended and I thought I got a fair price for some used suspension. Tried to sell locally that didn't work, tried Stangnets classified and somebody wanted my dog instead lol. I hadn't sold on Ebay in a long while but I've been happy in the past and have 100% feedback over a 10 year period so I listed my suspension there. 10 days later my auction ends and they sold for $300 + $30 for shipping. Now the crap hits me. I guess I should read the fine print cause things have changed.

Final Value Fee on ShippingUS $3.00
Final Value feeUS $30.10
Insertion feeUS $0.30
Gallery Plus FeeUS $0.35
Special Duration FeeUS $0.40
Gallery Plus FeeUS $0.35

Current Balance owed:US $34.90 (ebay fees total)

Plus Paypal took another $10 for their bend over fee. Also on top of that they are holding my $$$$$ for 21 fuken days!!

$300 for auctioned items minus fees ($44.90) equals $255.10 to me in 21 friggin days!

Can anyone else recommend a good place to buy/sell online where you won't likely be scammed by people nor fleeced by the company hosting the site?? I don't do this very often but i'm not liking this one bit.

• Sponsors (?)

Have you tried the classifieds over on Corral.net?
Very active buying and selling going on there. I've had great results buying and selling used parts.

Corral. I sell almost everything on there. Basically just look what others are asking for a part and ask slightly less. Yes its a cutthroat operation but the parts sell within a few days some times hours. My record is 6 minutes from post to PayPal payment lol.

Final Value Fee on ShippingUS $3.00
Final Value feeUS $30.10
Insertion feeUS $0.30
Gallery Plus FeeUS $0.35
Gallery Plus FeeUS $0.35

Current Balance owed:US $34.90 (ebay fees total)

What format are you using to have all those extras? There are basic auctions that don't have the extra fees and such. Granted it's only $2 or so in your total.

Ebay double dips anyway. They pretty much restrict the average casual seller (you know..the person Ebay was designed for) to using Paypal only, and then charge you to use Ebay, and then to get your money from Paypal...even though they are the same company.

Ebay has turned into a racket.
Although you didn't help yourself with adding all that extra crap to the ad.

I used to try and squeeze every penny out of items i sold, now i care less about the bottom line and more about simplicity and speed.
Craigslist priced below value with a little attitude in your ad usually yields a quick easy sale and keeps the tire kickers away.

I thought about this a long time ago. I sold a bunch of stuff on ebay awhile ago, and it's a complete racket. Ebay and paypal make all the money for doing nothing. The person selling does all the work and doesn't get squat. There needsto be another website just for selling car parts.

Kurt

It was a lot better 10 years ago. Now, not so much.

Exactly! Then if you do not use it for 6 months, it is like starting over. They want the big sellers money. Little sellers' items do not pop up near the top of search results on purpose.
We sold our van on Craigs List in 48 hours or less. It took me longer than that to detail it and get our stuff out.