e303 cam with 1.7 roller rockers on stock block and heads

mellemel

Apr 6, 2007
Michigan
I have a 1991 mustang lx I bought that has 1.7 roller rockers in it. I want to put the e303 cam in it. I have heard that it will have piston to valve clearances. is this true. I want to put the biggest cam i can in it without changing the rockers. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The added lift is not an issue for piston to valve clearance.

If you are going to add 1.7:1 ratio rockers with the E cam, you need to invest in new springs, or you could have piston to valve clearance problems.

have E303 cam for-sale, installing anderson b-31 if your interested seems to be in good conditions min wear low miles can email you picks of the cam if interested, I had an e303 with x303 gt-40 heads Ford Racing 1.6 rockers with stock pistons didn't have any problems, that cam is only like a .498 lift good street cam, and some would argue a turbo cam as well, anyone with knowledge of replacing aftermarket Clutch Quardrant, with firewall adjuster.. any info would be a big help, being 6'4 I pulled the drivers seat out of I could fit under the dash and work comfortablely, I see the stock cable self adjuster connected to the clutch pedal, not understanding how this upr three quadrant hooks up, is disconnecting the cable from the clutch fork nessecary, or can I do it from the pedal to hook up the firewall adjuster?

an E cam will pull to 6500 all day sounds like bad corresponding parts

ANY cam will pull 6500 all day.

That is achieved by having valvesprings that are overly stiff for the application. The E cam really does run out of steam by 52-5300. Even if it pulls 6500 all day, you would go faster shifting around 5500.

A camshaft's rpm capability is also determined by the intake tract, from the MAF to the cylinder heads.

Larger heads and above, will increase the rpm capability of the same camshaft over a combination with smaller top-end parts.

There is no one place where a camshaft will quit on all engines.