e303, sniper, afr heads

• Sponsors (?)

it would have a cam and holley sniper efi with more fuel air and tuning bs into it as well

No, there is some dispute as to where the factory bottom end gives up, but it sure isn't going to be the 280hp those heads pretty much max out at. Not sure where the Holley Sniper comes in. Does this car have a carburetor on it right now? I have a friend who did the Holley Sniper on a 70s Pontiac. It was a pain in the ass to tune. Took him months to figure out that the Sniper didn't like the air filter he had on it. Either way, the engine is only going to suck as much air and fuel as those heads will flow, which isn't much.

Kurt

No, there is some dispute as to where the factory bottom end gives up, but it sure isn't going to be the 280hp those heads pretty much max out at. Not sure where the Holley Sniper comes in. Does this car have a carburetor on it right now? I have a friend who did the Holley Sniper on a 70s Pontiac. It was a pain in the ass to tune. Took him months to figure out that the Sniper didn't like the air filter he had on it. Either way, the engine is only going to suck as much air and fuel as those heads will flow, which isn't much.

Kurt
so save my money and wait and buy aluminum heads? or would it better if i went gt40p?

so save my money and wait and buy aluminum heads? or would it better if i went gt40p?
Depends on how much you value your time. At my age, there is no way I am wasting a day changing heads and cam to pick up 25hp. :poo:, you just add up all the stuff that goes with a head swap. Have you seen what a gallon of antifreeze goes for these days?

Kurt

okay so as you can tell budget 101 right so what heads do you recommend
Honestly, if you are on a budget, hit swap meets, check facebook marketplace, Craigslist, etc. A good set of used heads will work well. Time is your friend, wait until you find a deal in your budget. You can have a discussion about which heads are technically the best, but AFR 165, Edelbrock Performer RPM, Trick Flow 170, ProMaxx, GT40x, etc heads are all within a few hp of each other in the end.

Kurt

If you buy used heads, get yourself a little Bluetooth borescope first. It’s not uncommon for someone to sell heads with defects that are not obvious from an external inspection.

You guys are such a bunch of suckers. :nonono:

This is the same thread on a different day, worded differently…

If we only had a moderator that paid attention, so they could to merge this stuff. :shrug:

On one thread we’re blowin head gaskets if we use an AFR head…now on this one, were blowing the whole engine up instead.

To the OP:

Stay on the one thread…you had your answer(s) in the last one. Stay away from Facebook. You’re only going to hurt yourself if you bounce around asking a whole bunch of related questions in multiple threads.

Last edited:
You guys are such a bunch of suckers. :nonono:

This is the same thread on a different day, worded differently…

If we only had a moderator that paid attention, so they could to merge this stuff. :shrug:

On one thread we’re blowin head gaskets if we use an AFR head…now on this one, were blowing the whole engine up instead.

To the OP:

Stay on the one thread…you had your answer(s) in the last one. Stay away from Facebook. You’re only going to hurt yourself if you bounce around asking a whole bunch of related questions in multiple threads.
I catch stuff as I can, was AOL most of yesterday.
it would have a cam and holley sniper efi with more fuel air and tuning bs into it as well
I can understand the confusion bouncing between facepage and here, you're young and are getting the 'old mechanics tales' so who will you believe? Some faceless keyboard quarterback hiding in the basement of his mom's house or a member here with years of credibility backed up with an actual mustang that they work on. AND most likely you can see proof of here.
Or you can give us the answers you're looking for :shrug:
Oh, I may have asked this already but does it have factory EFI already?

Given that the car will be a cruiser and your 18 years old on a budget I would suggest just picking up a set of used gt40 heads and having them gone through. Upgrade the springs and bolt them on with an explorer or cobra intake and 65mm throttle body. Keep the stock injectors, stock cam and maf and enjoy the reliability and low end torque.

Reactions: 1 user
I catch stuff as I can, was AOL most of yesterday.

I can understand the confusion bouncing between facepage and here, you're young and are getting the 'old mechanics tales' so who will you believe? Some faceless keyboard quarterback hiding in the basement of his mom's house or a member here with years of credibility backed up with an actual mustang that they work on. AND most likely you can see proof of here.
Or you can give us the answers you're looking for :shrug:
Oh, I may have asked this already but does it have factory EFI already?
General I know your an o.g. But you still go on America on line (aol)?