egr delete issue

dr59l

Nov 24, 2008
im deleting my egr and want to be rid of it completely. is there two wires you hook together to keep the mil off? i found a link to veryuseful.com and had a link by T MOSS but its broke so i couldnt view it. Any help?

• Sponsors (?)

considering this isn't my daily driver and i don't plan on driving it in the cold in no way will an egr valve improve mpg letting hot exhaust back into the intake. i'm trying to get rid of it so it looks better and is easier to get around. one less sensor to deal with. thanks for the help. the ebay thing looks the best.

Ideally you want to tune it out with a chip.

The resistor tricks the computer into thinking it's working and pulls timing and fuel at part throttle. Since the EGR isn't really there, you will run slightly lean.

And yes, the EGR does help with fuel economy because the air being recirculated is inert and will not combust. It reduces the amount of combustible air ingested thereby reducing the amount of fuel needed for part throttle cruising. Removing the EGR removes the inert gas resulting in more combustible air, however without tuning it out, you will stil run lean due to the EEC pulling fuel thinking the EGR is functional.

guess its already tuned out. unplugged it and light never came on, he must have tuned that circuit out. it already gets 2mpg better than factory w/o egr and speed density. were not talkn a 5.0 but a 5.8 in a 4600 pd truck with alot of mods and factory 4:10s. junkyard mass air and tune p/u to 18 mpg and reduced times 1/2 sec. shouldve unplugged it bf i asked, sorry