EGR Valve and Long Tube Headers..

reldapimp

Jul 12, 2005
My Car doesnt have anything connected to the Threaded part of the EGR Valve... I have a brand new one because I pull code 332.

Anyway.. I went to install it and noticed the one on the car has no tube going to the big threaded part.. I can stick my finger right in the hole...

I want my EGR ON! So where do I find this tubing.. The car does have long tube headers and each of them seem to have some type of bolt cap on it..

• Sponsors (?)

There is a metal tube with threaded ends that connects the EGR valve to the exhaust manifoild. Does the passenger side header have a fitting under the cap? It will look just like the one on the EGR valve. If you have this fitting you only need the tube to connect them together. If you don't have the fitting you will have to have one welded on at a muffler shop. The metal tube should be available at the dealer. It should not be too expensive. Also check the local Mustang shop. They might have one laying around.

Each header Passenger and Driver has what seems to be a threaded cap on it. (8 Total)

Which one does the factory one connect to.
Does it matter and can I just get one custom made and shorter?

If you have 8 caps, one on each header tube, those are meant for connecting widebands to each cylinder. This is normally kept to 4 and 6 cyl engines due to the cost of electronics.

You can use one of these, but will most likely need to get a tube made to reduce to the header, as I guess these are smaller than the EGR connector.
Stan