Electrical Problem In 2006

Tombstone67

Nov 3, 2016
So, my 2006 was murdered by some decrepit old diabetic (yes, I'm still very bitter.) driving down the left hand side of a divided road. slammed into my front end at about 45 mph in a 98 blazer (I was going 0)

At any rate, I totalled it out and bought it back on salvage. Got everything "pretty close" to ready to go with getting it on a salvage rebuild title, but I'm running into an electrical conundrum. I've started the car several times (and driven it down the road) after the last round of work was complete. One day a couple months back, I went to start it and dead battery. I didnt really think much of it; that battery had been in the car for 3 years. so I switched out with a new one and started right up.

I went out the next day and dead battery. So that sets me into the idea that I've got a dead short somewhere in the front end. I hooked up my battery booster and it started right up the first couple times, but now the booster wont turn the thing all the way over. (I unhook the battery every time I'm done playing with it)

When I hook the battery up, nothing happens electrically until i clamp on the booster. then I get lights working, radio working, gages working. But as the booster is clamped on, its readout drops from "FL" to '75' to '63' to '47' and holds in the mid 40s.

With a fresh charge(prior to attempting to turn the car over), if I fiddle with the driver side window, it will go up+down from the control buttons but the "auto seal" that it usually does when the door closes does not happen.

If I try to turn the car over, I get half a turn then a "pop pop pop" through the stereos and the radio station resets to "500" AM like my battery has been disconnected + reconnected. I also noticed that my passenger side window sinks down and seals up like normal when I open it but the driver side door appears to be electrically dead.

Does this description provide enough detail for anyone to help me understand where to start and what to do next?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)