EMERGENCY! anybody that has a 5.0 can answer this question

frmus3

Banned
Sep 2, 2004
alright my starter really pissed me off cause it keppes falling out(bad bolts) its almost impossible to get to cause my header is in the way. so i was in a hurry and angry and i took intake pipe off and unplugged spark plugs to reach the top bolt of starter. i took it out bought new ones and started to put my car back together. i then realized i didn't know what order the spark plugs were in. please help and tell me what the firing order is on the passenger side spark plugs.

Here ya go... Someone else here on Stangnet posted this and I thought it clear enough to be a keeper. For some reason I never remember the firing order either. So I printed this thing out, laminated it, and taped it to the underside of my hood. hehe

Attachments

• firing-order.gif
    5 KB · Views: 157
Well assuming your sparkplugs are numbered and you didn't remove them from the distributor cap it is (from the front of the engine) Passenger side: 1,2,3,4 and Driver side 5,6,7,8...

Good Luck

thanks that visual helped alot

v8only said:
for future reference, to get to that top starter bolt, use a few long extensions, and go in through the front of the engine

yes i figured that out but it wouldn't torque in or come out so i had to remove intake headers and plugs to get a wrench and my hand in there to take out. thread was striped head was almost round. idiot previous owner doesn't know how to properly maintain a car.