ET 1/4 mile guess, What do ya think?

Ok, here is what I have, what do you thing the car will run?

I will be runnin it this year @ Route 66 in Joliet

Blueprinted machined 351w Block
New Scat 9000 Series Cast Steel Crankshaft
H-Beam Forged Steel connecting rods, ARP bolts
SRP Power Forged 10.5 to 1 Flat Top Pistons
J & E Chrome Moly Rings
Heavy Duty Double Roller Dynagear Timing Set
Xtreme Energy Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller Camshaft
Clevite Street Racing Bearings
Aluminum fast burn Edelbrock RPM cylinder heads
Edelbrock 800 cfm carb
Edelbrock mechanical fuel pump
Chrome Moly pushrods
1.6 to 1 Ratio Comp Cams Pro-Magnum Roller Rockers
Melling Oil pump
Be Cool radiator, Electric fan
Under-drive pulleys
A/C & Power steering removed :shrug:
T-5 Trans with centerforce clutch
Stock, yes I said stock 13" tires (Like a go-kart)

Est conservative H.P. 400 ( no I have not had it dynoed) and no there is not NOS yet???

All in a 78 King Cobra with the battery moved to the trunk

Everything else is stock.

Ok, lets have it, what do you guys think this car will run in the 1/4 mile? I will be running it in Joliet @ the speedway on a test and tune night. (every Tuesday) I am very curious..

The winner gets a hoo haa!

BTW, I DO know how to slam the gears! This car, (if I want it to) will smoke the tires up to over 70 MPH.. (And yeah, I weigh about 215)

This should be fun. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Whatcha got for exhaust?
Rear End ratio? Open or limited slip?
You gonna be racin' it with those cute little 13" wheels?

I installed heddman headers with 40 series mufflers all 2 1/2". The tone is nice, I cant even hear Zepplin playing on the old original 8 track :)
Rear end? Good question. It is stock (limited slip I believe and yeah I know it probably wont last long)
For some reason, I am partial to the cute little 13's, They are the original rims and even have the little cobra valve stem caps.
Some day, I will upgrade the tires but not till they are bald

Heres a photo of the 351 shoe horned in there (kinda dirty, it's been sitting all winter)

DSCF2641.jpg

Well I know this is not PASS TIME. But with an estimated 400 ponies ( without cam specs and variables) I am going to say it will post a 12.80-12.99 provided some traction is applied to the pavement with those skateboard size wheel & tire combo. Good luck and do not be dissapointed ( it can always be improved upon):nice: OK I checked a 1/8 mile to 1/4 mile converter. My car ran an 8.50 in the 1/8 last year ( about 92 degrees and some wheel spin off the line) my 347 stroker is est. 400 hp. That converts to a 13.26 1/4 mile ET. If it is cooler this year I might try it again.

I would say mid 13's low 14's. 400 hp on the factory skinny wheels aint gonna hook up, but at least you have little chance of blowing the rear. Now there are many 4 lug 14 and 15 inch wheels that will bolt right up and allow more tire to be added to that horsepower at least while running the 1/4 and then you can put your skinnys back on for the ride home.

Well I know this is not PASS TIME. But with an estimated 400 ponies ( without cam specs and variables) I am going to say it will post a 12.80-12.99 provided some traction is applied to the pavement with those skateboard size wheel & tire combo. Good luck and do not be dissapointed ( it can always be improved upon):nice:

The cam specs are as follows:
Comp Cam Extreme Energy
274 intake, 286 exhaust, 519 intake, 523 exhaust. 110 degree lobe sep.

Real nice throttle response and "popcorn popping" sound at idle. :)

Get one of these! I have had a blast with it. From my experience they are very accurate. Just be damn sure there are no cops around LOL. :D

http://www.gtechpro.com/

My guess inconsistent high 12's. I was a dye hard 13" tire guy and I ran some impressive numbers on 13" tires. The 245/60/14's I have on there now have a 95% Success Rate, with the 13's it was a 50/50 deal 50% of the time it hooked and cooked and 50% of the time it was like Cheech and Chong.
(up in smoke):rlaugh:

Brett, I lock in at 12.80, beat that Ken Herring!:rolleyes:

from experience with a 310hp@wheels 351W ... 13.6 @ 105.9 with 245/45-17 street tires.

My 351W isn't too far off from yours with the exception of my cam being a bit less lift, but around the same advertised duration (not sure what yours is at .050), 11:1 compression, and a Holley 750 carb. Tremec 5spd and 3.70 gears.

2.3sec 60' time with 245/50-17s + feathering 1st and 2nd gear trying to not fishtail the first 1/2 of the track. I'd say you're gonna be in close to the same boat...probably with slower times due to the tires ... depending on your track driving experience (I had very little with my car)

Obviously, 12's will be possible with traction, and your mph should give a good guestimate of hp at the wheels. Mine track MPH vs. weight calculated to within 1hp of what the dyno said.

and the video ... unfortunately in myspace though http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=6008315

I hate to say that I agree with Vegas Stang. It sounds like you have a real nice set up to the point of the rear end and tires. With an open rear end that is stock, you will have to feather it all of the way down the track. I guess the one good thing about that is that it will be easier on the rear end than if the car had larger fat tires that were really hooking up.
/paul

Thanks for the replies. I will keep you al posted on the actual ET's. I will run it on the factory skinnies and get the time. I will then run it on another set of tires and rims. What do you guys reccomend? I want to just buy another set of tires and rims that will "bolt in" and give me a decent hook-up.

I am going to run it against a buddies Camaro. He does have a real car! It is a 69 Camaro with a big block running 850 h.p. withoout the juice and 19" (yeah, i said 19" rear tires). I am confident he will beat me but I am going to give it a go. (he has a 500 hp shot of NOS if he needs it)

It's all about the thrill of the race right? :shrug: (how much of a head start should he give me?)