Everything that Differentiates v6 - v8

Synned

took tubgirl on a date and got banned
Mar 31, 2005
Philly
Okay, so I have a few questions. If the rear doesn't have GT after Mustang does that make it a 6 banger? If it has no GT badges, does that make it a 6 banger? What are all the ways to tell?

• Sponsors (?)

Synned said:
Okay, so I have a few questions. If the rear doesn't have GT after Mustang does that make it a 6 banger? If it has no GT badges, does that make it a 6 banger? What are all the ways to tell?

for our year cars, it will only say mustang if its a sixer, has the pony emblem on the sides instead of the GT, no dual exhaust, sounds like crap, blows head gaskets.

Crappy t-5, 7.5 rear end, different k-member...etc

Scott

Hmmm, then maybe 94s were the ones w/o it.

671080_76_full.jpg

BPA said:
Some v8's didnt have the gt on the rear bumper and just said mustang :rolleyes:

Those were the GTS Mustangs, they were striped down GT's only a limited # were produced, no fog lights, no other comforts that the GT's have.

Best way to tell that its a 6 is just that it does not have dual exhuast, wont have the GT badging and has the crappy 15' in rims.

Striped5.0 said:
Those were the GTS Mustangs, they were striped down GT's only a limited # were produced, no fog lights, no other comforts that the GT's have.

Best way to tell that its a 6 is just that it does not have dual exhuast, wont have the GT badging and has the crappy 15' in rims.
To clarify on the GTS, it did have the "Mustang GT" bumper. The rest is correct.

All this presumes that the owner has not modified the car. There are "Y" catbacks that attach to the stock "Y" pipe of a v6 and give you dual exhaust. A more involved change is converting to a h-pipe true dual exhaust. I did this to my 94 V6 and installed a GT take-off exhaust. I also put on a set of 17" Cobra "R" rims and removed the pony emblems on the fenders. Not that I'm trying to pretend it's a GT, I just think it looks better.

Usually you can tell by the sound of the exhaust whether it's a V6 or a GT. Even with the "Y" catback I mentioned earlier, the V6 still sounds anemic. But with the H-pipe I added, even friends that know what I have still mistake my V6 for a GT.

Still, it's no GT. Can't wait to get the GT back on the road, it needs a new tranny.

Chythar said:
To clarify on the GTS, it did have the "Mustang GT" bumper. The rest is correct.

All this presumes that the owner has not modified the car. There are "Y" catbacks that attach to the stock "Y" pipe of a v6 and give you dual exhaust. A more involved change is converting to a h-pipe true dual exhaust. I did this to my 94 V6 and installed a GT take-off exhaust. I also put on a set of 17" Cobra "R" rims and removed the pony emblems on the fenders. Not that I'm trying to pretend it's a GT, I just think it looks better.

Usually you can tell by the sound of the exhaust whether it's a V6 or a GT. Even with the "Y" catback I mentioned earlier, the V6 still sounds anemic. But with the H-pipe I added, even friends that know what I have still mistake my V6 for a GT.

Still, it's no GT. Can't wait to get the GT back on the road, it needs a new tranny.

LOL fake Cobra's are Fobra's what would you call a fake GT :shrug:

MysteryMachine said:
LOL fake Cobra's are Fobra's what would you call a fake GT :shrug:
Um, I'm not trying to pass it off as a GT, tho it gets mistaken for one. Does that make a difference? I wouldn't dare put GT emblems or the "Mustang GT" bumper on until after I drop in a 5.0.

And no offense taken, anyway. Especially since you gave me an excuse for my 200th post. 'Bout time, I was at 214 just before the crash. :(

EDIT: Well, this should've been my 200th post, anyway.